1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Triple B Clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SongDogSniper, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I was there this past Wednesday. Looonng lunch break just allowed for a trip over there to see the place. Nice facility!! And the lady behind the counter was quite nice as well. I was just in town for a week or so working at LAAFB. I spend quite a bit of time there, so I was hoping to find out that they had gun storage on site. I'd love to bring my stuff along and shoot, maybe even get into a registered shoot. I just hate the thought of leaving my gun in the hotel. I can't bring it on base. Or at least the headache to allow it isn't worth it.
    Does any one have any thought on my predicament? Storage of a gun in "foreign" towns? I travel a lot for the Air Force and sure would love to shoot at the many clubs around the country, except for the above described snafu.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

One thought comes to mind; since you are military, would not a local police department extend a courtesy to you at smaller venues re. gun storage?

Just a thought...

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Errr .... unnn ... Jim ... slight correction.

Redlands wanted to host the Western Zone Shoot ... but due to CGSTA politics ... they were turned down.

4. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Ahab and others that believe your comments are accurate.

I want to dispel the rumors and misconceptions that you have stated. For one I asked Terry Bilbey personally if he wanted to bid for the Western Zone. Terry for his own reasons chose not to place a bid for the Western Zone even though it was his turn in the rotation.

This conspiracy theory/rumor that the CGSTA Board is out to get or harm Terry is a false and a nonfactual assumption on your part. I encourage you or any others that believe this conspiracy exists to talk to the CGSTA Board. Do not assume that what you hear next to the water cooler is correct or accurate. As you should know there are always two sides to a story and somewhere located in the middle is the truth.

If you or any others would like to discuss this further, I will be present at the CGSTA Board Meeting next Saturday (Feb. 4th) at 10:00 in Kingsburg.

As in years past Triple B is hosting the Western Zone and they will do a great job.

James Hammond

California Delegate

5. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Not to add fuel to the fire but Ahab, it is statements such as yours that cause the biggest problem in my opinion. You were not present at the December CGSTA meeting but you are telling all and sundry that we REJECTED Redlands bid. We did NOT reject Redlands' bid!!!! Redlands chose NOT to put in a bid with the California ATA Delegate as is the proceedure !! I think you should apologize to all for your erroneous statement!!!! The CGSTA in NO way is out to harm, belittle or ruin ANYONE!!!! The goal of the CGSTA is to keep the sport of Trapshooting alive and well. Please in the future refrain from making statements on this public forum if you were not present at a meeting .This game of "telephone" has to stop.

Kym Hughes

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Did anyone ever get the $20,000 reward for "the letters" ?

7. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

8. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

9. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Jim

Not your issue or Triple Bs. I thank you for supporting Triple B and everything Billie, Bruce, and crew have done over the years. The above post by AHAB was nonsense and had to be corrected before the rumor squad started to frivolously tar and feather the innocent.

James Hammond

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Kim and James ... why would Terry turn in a bid for the shoot when he was turned down previously ... all because of internal politics?

Kim ... if I remember correctly ... this is the USA and I have the right to say what I feel ... and will continue to do so!

11. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Ahab

Your original post refers to Redlands being turned down after Terry submitted a bid for the Western Zone. As pointed out in the post above that is false. So now you are trying to interject with old misconceptions of what occurred several years a go.

I will correct you on what occurred several years a go. Redlands had hosted the Western Zone the year prior and as always if another club is interested in the shoot they are next in line. I believe at that time, Redlands might have had the shoot for a two year period.

Again you are trying to stir the pot based on rumors that you believe are true and have done no due diligence in verifying your facts. By all means you may verify what I have said by the minutes of the CGSTA meetings, ask Terry Bilbey, or speak with the members of the CGSTA Board.

As stated above you are welcome to the meeting and we can discuss this further.

James Hammond

12. In plain view

In plain view Member

Mr. Hammond: The last thing I want is to keep this thing going but I feel it necessary to ask a question.. Have you ever considered holding discussion sessions in the Northern, Central and Southern Zones? Kingsberg is a 500 mile round trip for me. JuSt a thought. Bob English

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

14. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

James... just one more question... are you really trying to say that everybody on the CGSTA board was impartial to Redlands "several years a go"?

I agree that Triple B will put on a good Western Zone shoot, but your assertion that internal CGSTA politics hasn't played a part in the selection process over the last several years is pure BS. Very unfortunate, but that's the way it happened.

Ray Brasser

15. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Ray

Short memory you have. Wasn't the vote two thirds plus to keep the rotation so it was fair for every club. I would like you to look at conspiracy and impartiality. Big difference isn't it. Are you trying to say the other directors conspired and you as the president allowed that to happen? I dont remember you stating during the meeting that a conspiracy was occurring. I would guess that your case is weak as the north and central directors thought the rotation and being fair to all clubs was a priority.

Even if you took two or three of the votes away still would not have changed the outcome and was a desisive democratic process.

James Hammond

16. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Bob

The CGSTA Board has discussed the issue and is looking into other alternatives for their Board meetings. I understand the cost of travel as Candy and I personally spend over six hundred dollars a year in travel expenses. It would be nice to have central locations in each of the zone for the meetings.

I think is what you also might be referring to is have a membership meeting in each of the zones which would be separate from the board meetings. I think that would be a good idea and will pass this along to the Board on Saturday.

Take Care

James

17. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

James

You seem to have forgotten much of the CGSTA past yourself. If the CGSTA/Redlands feud wasn’t real several years ago (you called them “old misconceptions”) please explain the following…

1. In March of 2009 you resigned from the CGSTA Board citing the continuing feud as the reason.

2. The CGSTA Special Board Meeting on March 21, 2009. This meeting was held specifically to deal with the escalating feud between some on the CGSTA Board and Redlands. Complaints had been filed by some directors against Redlands and other formal complaints had been filed by Redlands against specific directors. This meeting was very contentious.

3. The meeting you reference was on December 12, 2009… and you were not at that meeting so how could you know what I said. Several directors who were publicly known for having anti-Redlands views were allowed to vote on the southern site for the 2010 Western Zone. You are correct about the vote… it was 19 to 6 in favor of Triple B but allowing those directors to vote tainted the outcome. According to the American Bar Association Guidebook for Directors of Nonprofit Corporations (under Conflict of Interest) “it is the manner in which the director and the board deal with a conflict that determines the propriety of the transaction”. Allowing these directors to vote sent the message that the board was ignoring its obligation to be fair and equitable. By the way, due to illness, I was not at that meeting either… so much for my opportunity to cry conspiracy.

4. During the Spring Grand at Tucson in February 2010 there was continuing activity by some against Redlands. You were there. This activity led the ATA Executive Committee in April 2010 to instruct me, as CGSTA President, to form a committee from within the CGSTA Board to try and seek a resolution to the continuing animosity and personal attacks that centered around the CGSTA/Redlands feud. Unfortunately, this action by the ATA to seek an end to the personal attacks within California was met with further personal attacks… this time towards me. The CGSTA EC meeting of May 10, 2010 turned into a kangaroo court against me and led to my resigning on May 13th.

The CGSTA/Redlands feud was real. You can’t change history. Allowing directors to pursue personal agendas that are contrary to the best interests of the CGSTA and contrary to the best interests of trapshooting is a very poor practice. And the directors who were at the center of the CGSTA/Redlands feud are still on the board.

The CGSTA should adopt a code of conduct that prohibits directors from pursuing their personal agendas and voting on matters where they have a conflict of interest. Until they do you’ll just have to live with comments like Ahab’s. He has a point. You seemed to have missed it.

Ray Brasser

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ray ... he did not miss the point! He is just trying to cover up the fact that there are people in charge that have their own personal agenda well before the good of the shooters!

What they forget is that us old guys have long memories!

PS ... I don't blame 3B for taking something handed to them on a silver plate!

19. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The only thing I know, is Mr. Hammond has never attended any shoots at either Redlands or Triple B since becoming a ATA Delegate. I Do know from reading Trap & Field, Mr Hammond has found time to attend several shoots outside our state, Vernal Utah being most notable.

I've always been under the understanding our zone rep was to attend all member clubs throughout the shooting seasonas part of his or her duties. I guess, I misunderstood what the appointment entails. I didn't know you could run it by remote...............

Mr Cleary

20. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Mr. Cleary

I guess if you looked at the ATA Shooter information center you would see your above statement is not as accurate as you believe. I attended shoots at the following clubs in 2011.

1) Grand American 2) Triple B (Western Zone) 3) California State Shoot 4) Kern County Gun Club, 5) Martinez (Winter Chain) 6) Kingsburg Gun Club (Junior day) 7) Tuscon Trap Club (Autumn and Spring Grands) 8) Santa Lucia Sportsman Club 9) Edwards Gun Club 10) Santa Ynez Sportsman's
    11) Vernal (Western Grand)

In 2010 I shot at the following clubs: 1) Grand America 2) Santa Maria 3) Coon Creek 4) California State 5) Kingsburg 6) Kern County 7)Vernal 8) North Hollywood Sportsmens 9) Indian Wells Valley 10) Arizona State 11) Tuscon Grands

I don't know but by my standards that is quite a few clubs in California and the Major ATA shoots that are occurring outside California. I spend between seven and ten weeks of my vacation time and money covering my duties. As I have said in the past I intend to shoot at clubs in California that have never seen a Delegate and will continue to do so. In the near future you might see me at Apple Valley, Barstow, Newman, Livermore, Nevada State Shoot, Arizona State Shoot, and Wyoming State Shoot.

I also attend the six CGSTA Board meetings, the Grand American Delegate meetings and the Western Zone Delegate meeting in Tuscon in February.

You might also take a look at how many clubs are in California and it would be impossible for anyone to cover them all in a year. If you would like to discuss this further and have ideas that you would like me to look at you may contact me anytime. I will be in Tuscon in a week or so if that works better.

California Delegate

James Hammond

california_ata@yahoo.com

Cell (951) 258-6059

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.