1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to John Dvorak

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pilotdan, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

While I'm at it, I really want to acknowledge a true gentleman, John in Iowa. I used to own a Cole gun with custom curley maple wood.I had always regretted selling this gun, and had been looking for it on and off for years. John had purchased it, and because he is left-handed, was not using the wood. When I finally located the gun and offered to buy it, John said he was not interested in selling it, but instead assisted me in locating another, and when I had purchased it, offered to return my custom wood to me, so I could in effect have my "old gun" back. He could have held me up for hundreds of dollars if he wished, but in the spirit of true "Cole Brothers", did not. We have been exchanging emails and calls for the last few weeks, and have become friends. Cliches aside, John is a real gentleman, sympathetic to my plight, and I just want to let everyone on this board know that I hold him in the highest esteem. John, I am grateful, and no longer will wake up in the middle of the night wondering about that Cole. (I'll only wake up having to pee)!

Many thanks,

Dan Maloy

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Yes John is a good guy. I am glad for you Dan that at least you wake up before you pee.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

You got it right, Dan.

John is one of the good guys.

Hauxfan!

4. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

5. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Gee Dan, I was starting to get a little misty eyed there for a moment. lol What Dan did not say is that we are exchanging stocks so it isn't exactly free. Heck, that right hand roll over piece really cut into my left cheek anyway. LOL You are welcome Dan. I hope it works out for you. Let me know when it arrives. Someday we'll have to meet in Sparta or some other locale and touch glasses filled w/ some fine beverage of choice. Maybe we can get a "Cole" squad w/ PerazziBigBore and a couple of others in honor of Bill before the toast.

BK - Ain't it a blessing (so far :)!
    Likes to Shoot - Congrats on the 100 straight on Sun. It was good shooting w/ you.
    Haux - Got you fooled too huh? Good luck this week at Heartland. We have not shot together for awhile. Got to cure that shortly.
    Thanks All. John in Iowa

7. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

John- I knew you'd chime in. My Daddy always said,"Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story". Thanks again. Yes, we'll meet at Sparta next year for sure.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been around Bubba and Sven..........I know you're one of the good guys......lol lol

Either that, or they are so bad it makes you look good.......lol lol

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.