1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to Greg Hissem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeezix, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

A friend of mine had a problem with the Beretta factory comb hardware on his 682 that resulted in a major split in his stock- they tried to take the allen head screws all the way out instead of just loosening them to remove the comb and it split out a chunk of his stock about 3" long and down about 1" or so from the cut for the comb.

I suggested he send it to Greg and see what he could do with it.

Greg fixed the crack, faired in and blended the finish, installed his comb hardware, an adjustable butt plate, and a kick-eeze pad. The crack is still visible if you look for it (as Greg said it would be) but the finish is matched perfectly - you can run your fingers over the crack - and you can't feel any bumps, lumps, or waves in the finish.

As always, it was done to perfection and exactly on time. Thanks Greg.

John

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

He has done some stock work for me and a few of the folks I shoot with.

He does great work!!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Greg has done work on a couple of my guns and his work is top shelf to say the least. I wouldn't hesitate to have him work on any of my guns and when he says it will be done on a certain date you can bet your bottom dollar it will done on that date.----Matt

4. Edwin D

Edwin D Member

GREG is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Greg has always done exceptional work on my guns. I am never surprised when I hear great things about him.

Jef

6. Budly62

Budly62 Member

It's not often you get an opportunity to give a great craftsman his do. Exceptional work and timely orders on both stocks he did for me!
    Bud

7. stockguy

stockguy Member

I really appreciate the comments!

The 682 John was referring to in the opening thread is a sporting clays/skeet model where the Memory System is installed "upside down" by Beretta and the tightening screws are in the stock base instead of the comb like on the trap guns. When the comb tightening set screws are backed out too far they force themselves against the wood from the inside thus splitting out and breaking the stock or comb. This particular stock had the nastiest splitting I've ever seen.

If you have Beretta's plastic Memory System, consider having your favorite stock man convert it to his own hardware or install a Graco replacement hardware. We all can do it and you will have a much more user friendly comb hardware system than the rather clumsy Memory System.

Once again, thanks for the comments.

Greg Hissem

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I just my second stock back from Greg yesterday, it is awesome!

Thank you Greg, it matches my Competition exactly.

Guy Babin

9. stockguy

stockguy Member

Guy,

I'm glad it matched the first one I did. Good communication goes a long way - especially after we couldn't get together at the Grand as planned - and it looks like we pulled it off OK for you.

Thanks,

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.