1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to an unknown trap shooter at St. Charles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jul 8, 2013.

1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nov 11, 2010
    About 40 miles west of Chicago, IL
    I didn't get his name, but I still want to thank him for some great advice. While shooting Saturday my flinch showed up again. After 15 (+-) smoked targets I'd jerk the muzzle downward and fire just as I called pull. Then I settled back and popped a couple more. The same thing happened at the next squad, but more pronounced.

The guy to my right mentioned that he thought my arm was flexing/jerking and that it wasn't a finger twitch. He suggested I relax my trigger hand between rounds and roll it a dozen or so times - allowing my right arm to hang loosely at my side I turned my palm toward my leg, rolled it upward and then let it fall away from my leg. Then, reverse the process, rolling the hand toward my leg.

It seems to be working. Scores in the sub-20 area have jumped a lot - and included two straight 25s yesterday. By loosening up the hand I seem to also have stopped the strangle hold I had on the pistol grip.

Maybe my squad partner from Saturday will read this. In any case, THANK YOU for great advice.

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114
  2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Was he wearing a mask? Did he have an Indian with him?
  3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I think most of us (trapshooters especially) want to see everyone do their best & have a good time. A few seem to have the ability to spot a potential quirk & want to help, even when (if) it winds up with you beating them. What a great bunch of people. Ross Puls
  4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Apr 28, 2006
    NW Wisconsin
    Well, I am finally "outed".
  5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Zorro ..? but no Indian ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    Some of the best folks I have met in my travels have been at Gun Clubs.