1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THANKS TO ALL WHO SHOT IN MICHIGAN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cat, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat

cat TS Member

The BOD would like to say thanks to all who have attended all or just one of the shoots this year at Mason.
    This weekend we ended being up 5% which is so great and all I have to say is thanks to you the shooters for making this happen.
    BigDon your right the end of our season is upon us here and what a sad day to leave yesterday knowing that I won't see everyone until next year.
    Like I said before we are so sorry about Friday not haaving enough help. We based what banks we used from last year and what is paid for in the morning and therfore we did not have enough help and for that we are so sorry, but we have learned from our mistake and that won't happen again.
    Thanks to all and over the winter we are going to be working on Tropies and other items that need to be addressed.

Thanks to all take care winter well
    Cat

2. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Cat My personal feelings are the board is moving in the right direction-listening to the shooters is what it's all about(they are your-our customers)I thought the Fall shoot was excellant-having never worked in the classification area before was glad to help. Also that shed some lite on the goings on of running a big shoot.For the most part I thought things ran good-I think more people sould just jump in when needed.Our gang talked a little about an all volunteer day-were shooters run the pulling & filling the houses(trying to save the MTA a few dollars)-I think most shooters would pitch in.Also thank's for your help with our trophy's-I truly would like to be on the board but the timing isn't right at this time-thank's for considering me.See you all in the spring. By the way us Yooper's won a belt buckle. Thank's Jim

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I wanna go there and shoot real bad !! I have heard nothing but good things about the shoots at Mason. I am going to try and make a shoot there next year........Uncle Sam, Pennsylvania

4. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Cat: Keep up the good work. Sunday's early rain sure did lead to a very nice team shoot day-I believe everyone had a great time. Thank you for your hard work, dedication and concern. Sincerely, Roger

P.S. The young group of fine shooters from Williams County Gun Club in Montpelier, Ohio won the Sub junior belt buckle...there were some big smiles!!

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Great year, I can't believe it's almost over, but my bank account is thankfull,lol. Thank you to all the hard working people involved.

Special thanks to Roger and AJ for making much time to help shooters with low cost supplies, I know there is not much room for profit at those prices and they do it because they love the sport. {guys were walking around with $29 dollar bags of shot on their shoulders grinnin from ear to ear like they just robbed Fort Knox}.
    Thanks,
    Shannon

6. shotgunsrus

shotgunsrus Member

I'm having very positive feelings about the future of the MTA with the very astounding hard working people we have the good fortune of having at our homegrounds.Thanks to all and already looking forward to next year.One other added note to Mr. Creighton,that was FOUR YOOPERS AND A DOWNER!!!!(that won a buckle) and dont you forget it!!!...lol.Hope everyone stays safe and healthy and will be counting the days until May 1st when we can all take advantage of the great facility we Michiganders have to shoot trap at.Thanks again...
    Hugo " Moe " Rinke

7. alf174

alf174 Member

had to work, sorry i missed it

8. shootsome

shootsome Member

Cat, I didn't enjoy shooting 200 Doubles in the dark Friday but I'll get over it!

9. cat

cat TS Member

We have learned our lesson on that one. Your right what a mistake that was, however like I said before this will not happen again.
    Thanks
    Cat

10. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

As one of the fathers of the sub juniors that won the team shoot, I would also like to thank Roger and AJ for the support they have provided our sons. These five 13 year olds went from never having fired a trap gun 17 months ago to breaking 461 x 500 Sunday at Mason. Roger and AJ have gone way out of their way to help our kids, and we really appreciate it. Thanks go out to all the others at Mason, Marengo, and Williams County, Ohio, where the boys have learned to shoot. Everyone has made them feel welcome and been very helpful, trapshooters are a great bunch of people. These boys are now ready to pass the word on and get others involved, and that's just what the sport needs. Now if the dads could just learn to shoot from the kids........
    Joe Nester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.