1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Phil Ross!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Phil,wanted to give you some feed back as per our phone conversation on sight picture. You were right on about getting my focus more centered on the area as to where to look for the target. I was having trouble before with too general of an area which made it harder not only to lock on the target but with visually tracking it also. It was very windy in Nashville, Tn. Saturday and the suggestions you made concerning my sight picture sure made a difference with those difficult targets!

Your experience with shooting trap is second only to the way you explain and share your knowledge in very understandable and practical language! Shooters in your area are fortunate in the opportunity for the instruction and help you are able to give. Thanks again for sharing some of your knowledge with me.
    John Payne (Biff)

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Biffer, I haven't read Phil's book yet but I will! Glad to hear Phil got you on the right track my friend! BTW;

Phil's dad, George Ross too was quite the gentleman sportsman and a great trapshooter! I shot with him at several clubs around southern Ca. in the early 70s. Met him first time at the old Golden Valley club at Pacoima. Wow, time does fly! Hap

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I also remember Phil's dad. George would shoot with a black sweater and a cowboy hat in the middle of summer. I don't know how he could handle it but he did. A great shot in all the disciplines..

4. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi everyone,
    you know I don't do computer's so I have Jan type sometimes things for me in this site. I want to thank you all for the kind words about my book, and the feed back. I have gotten so many nice email's and phone calls from people all over the world. Take care!

Best Regards, Phil Ross

5. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi Biff,
    Thanks for the nice email. I've been getting all kinds of email's and phone call's from all over telling me how much they have enjoyed reading my book.
    Some of the people I don't know, and some I do know that also knew my father. Plus, I have had some call's for some Clinic's, and some Lesson's also. Thanks again!

Best Regards, Phil Ross

PS. I had Jan write this for me as I don't do computer's.

6. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks for the call Paul

Regards, Phil

7. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Thank you Phil Ross.

Your advice continues to help me. Did my best ever at Redlands doubles last Wednesday. A pair of 49's and a pair of 48's for a total of 194. I have been classified in the ATA as AA in doubles.

Charlie

8. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Way to go Charlie! Glad I could help you!

Phil Ross

9. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

The Phil Ross threads must be magnetized becaust they always come back together after being pulled apart. I'll bet it happens again.

10. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I think whoever it is that is posting just makes the rounds to all the post every night. Nice isnt it. We have bets going here on how many post there will be or how soon they will get the hint.

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jeez, Phil, why not take an ad out instead of bumping your threads to the top 50 times a day!

Hauxfan!

12. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

If any of you actually read Phil's threads......This is his girlfriend Jan, which I said, Phil doesn't do computers.......Don't blame Phil, I am the one that bumps it up once a day.......If you don't like it go right by it. I don't say anything about all the different stuff that is on this site, that has nothing to do with guns or shooting do I? One more thing........Just bumping his threads up once a day, he gets NEW shooters that call him for lessons and clinics...........Sooooooooooooo! OH WELL!!!

Jan

13. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I think whoever it is that is posting just makes the rounds to all the post every night. Nice isnt it. We have bets going here on how many post there will be or how soon they will get the hint.

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jeez, Phil, why not take an ad out instead of bumping your threads to the top 50 times a day!

Hauxfan!

15. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

If any of you actually read Phil's threads......This is his girlfriend Jan, which I said, Phil doesn't do computers.......Don't blame Phil, I am the one that bumps it up once a day.......If you don't like it go right by it. I don't say anything about all the different stuff that is on this site, that has nothing to do with guns or shooting do I? One more thing........Just bumping his threads up once a day, he gets NEW shooters that call him for lessons and clinics...........Sooooooooooooo! OH WELL!!!

Jan

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Jan, you also make great chilli. Thanks.

17. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thank you Chango2, glad you liked it! :)

Best to you, Jan

18. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Jan, Phil, will you be at Redlands' Thanksgiving shoot? I'll have cooking and shooting questions respectively. Regards, David

20. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi Chango2,
    Yes we will be at the Thanksgiving shoot. Hope to see you there.

Phil Ross & Jan Moschetti (DrPeppersNo1Girl@aol.com)

PS. I am writing this for Phil since he doesn't do computer's.
    See we use our REAL NAMES. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.