1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks North Hollywood Sportsman Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JES, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JES

JES Member

Has anything been posted at the PITA site they have a forum also?

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Results should be posted when they are received by Rob @ CSTA from the club. He's really good about getting them up and fast.

Glad the shoot went well, not surprised George was there!

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks Jim,

What a great shoot! We put almost 9,000 targets in the air. For a small club like ours, that is really important financially in that we covered a bit over 5% of our annual operating budget in just one day.

I want to particularly thank all the longtime PITA shooters from as far away as BC who came by to check out the first of at least two, new SoCal PITA venues. Redlands is throwing its first PITA shoot in March. I am sure the place is going to be packed. Sue Brewer from PITA was a just plain pleasure to work with to help us get setup. It's nice to feel wanted.

Terry has been a great supporter of our club both in teaching us in shoot management and being very generous with trophy donations. He also loads houses and jumps right in a scorer's chair. It's nice to have the California HOA Champ for the last two years as trap help. lol. He did shoot a bit under his average to win the HC with a 96.

While Ronnie McMahan and Jim Von Allmen posted their zillonth centurys to tie in AA, one of the nicest guys you'll find, Lonnie Shepherd from Kern County put up his very first 100 to take A class. It was the highlight of the day for all his friends.(and for him too, I bet :).

We did have to suffer through 66 degree weather with bright sunlit targets and just a gentle, cooling breeze.

Gary and I also want to thank everyone who pitched in to load, score, clean fields and take them down. As we all know, it's the members who talk with their sweat, not with their yaps, that make a club run. We also want to thank all the folks who thanked us. We really appreciate your support.

I know I speak for shoot workers at small clubs everywhere that seeing shooters having a good time is what makes a long day fun.

JT

4. BMC

BMC Member

Thanks JT and Gary for a great shoot. Can't wait for the next one!

5. MEF

MEF TS Member

Gary, jim, Helen etal,
    You guys were busy when I left so I didn't get to thank you. Thanks for a fun shoot!
    Mike

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

We really appreciated George and Jim joining us and getting to meet them.

And Z, shame on you guys for confusing my wife who was keeping score on that field. She said the score sheet didn't have enough boxes to keep track of your squad. lol

7. paint maker

paint maker TS Member

Gary B., Jim T., Helen and the gang at NHSC.

Thanks to all of you guys for a special day of trap shooting at my new 'favorite'gun club. Through your hard work, you have made NHSC one of the most fun clubs in the state.

Lonnie Shepherd

8. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Gary and Jim,

Glad to hear you had a great shoot. As Walt mentioned in his post on Jan 24, how did this format and the new affiliation with Pita make it a better shoot? This was something that went unanswered in the last thread.

For those local Southern California shooters who are on the bubble; I think it is important to understand what the change is about!! Also should be explained as to how it will benefit their future shooting needs.

James Hammond

9. BMC

BMC Member

James, since many will perceive your post as trolling, you might not get an the answer you want. However I'll share my thoughts. How did this new affiliation with PITA make it a better shoot? I believe the most obvious difference is there is no vindictive, immature, petty squabbling that has become so infectious the past year. There were obviously no "sides".
    How does this benefit MY shooting needs? The introduction of PITA shoots here does multiple things for ME. One, it allows us to resume shooting registered targets at venues we prefer to shoot at, ones that were ceasing to throw ATA targets. Two, it allows me to shoot at these favorite ranges while recording targets in not one, but two associations. That is a huge bonus to me.

This is a great new opportunity to experience local registered competition without the petty non-sense. You should come out and try it for yourself. Its a breath of fresh air. I think you and Candy would very much enjoy it.

Brian.

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

We really appreciated George and Jim joining us and getting to meet them.

And Z, shame on you guys for confusing my wife who was keeping score on that field. She said the score sheet didn't have enough boxes to keep track of your squad. lol

11. paint maker

paint maker TS Member

Gary B., Jim T., Helen and the gang at NHSC.

Thanks to all of you guys for a special day of trap shooting at my new 'favorite'gun club. Through your hard work, you have made NHSC one of the most fun clubs in the state.

Lonnie Shepherd

12. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Gary and Jim,

Glad to hear you had a great shoot. As Walt mentioned in his post on Jan 24, how did this format and the new affiliation with Pita make it a better shoot? This was something that went unanswered in the last thread.

For those local Southern California shooters who are on the bubble; I think it is important to understand what the change is about!! Also should be explained as to how it will benefit their future shooting needs.

James Hammond

13. BMC

BMC Member

James, since many will perceive your post as trolling, you might not get an the answer you want. However I'll share my thoughts. How did this new affiliation with PITA make it a better shoot? I believe the most obvious difference is there is no vindictive, immature, petty squabbling that has become so infectious the past year. There were obviously no "sides".
    How does this benefit MY shooting needs? The introduction of PITA shoots here does multiple things for ME. One, it allows us to resume shooting registered targets at venues we prefer to shoot at, ones that were ceasing to throw ATA targets. Two, it allows me to shoot at these favorite ranges while recording targets in not one, but two associations. That is a huge bonus to me.

This is a great new opportunity to experience local registered competition without the petty non-sense. You should come out and try it for yourself. Its a breath of fresh air. I think you and Candy would very much enjoy it.

Brian.

14. Shotgunchick

Shotgunchick TS Member

Hi James. Dianne Savage here. Here is another way to think about it James. I think everyone has different needs and opinions as to what will benefit their needs. The shooters here are just sayings how they enjoyed them selves with friends and enjoyed shooting at North Hollywood.

I attend this shoot also. I must say I was impressed how everything ran so smoothly with all the squads they had. It was a geat shoot. This was my second trip up to North Hollywood this month and it was well worth the drive. It is now on my calender for their monthly shoots.

When you say it is important to "understand what change is all about" what excatly do you mean? Because everyone will have a different opinion about change (shooting) to what they want in their life. I think most people just want to have fun and enjoy themselves because shooting is very expensive. Plus with the expense of shooting it is important to shoot at a club throwing the best targets witn good equipment and people who care who make sure this is happening for their shooters.

I miss seeing and shooting with you and Candy. If you are not doing anything Feb.7th come and shoot as our guest at the Tri County Shoot. We were sorry to see you did not join with us this year. Think about joining this year. We would love to have both of you back.

Good hearing from you.

15. Shotgunchick

Shotgunchick TS Member

To North Hollywood..... Thank you for a great shoot. Bill and I enjoyed shooting with you all. We thank you for taking your time to make sure this event ran smoothly. Great idea of being able to cross register between PITA and ATA. Gives the shooters more options.

Lunch was good and served by a smiley and funny server. Didnt get his name though. He even let us have two sandwiches. Yummy..... Thanks again and see you all next month.
    Dianne Savage

16. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Dianne,

Thanks for your post. We have both attended several shoots at NHSC and agree that it is a great shoot with some great people. Obviously that occurred when they were throwing ATA and will continue with what ever format they choose to throw. Hope to see you at the Spring Grand this year. Just a few weeks away.

James and Candy

17. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Jim: You have a private message.

Walt

18. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Thanks Walt and others who PM me. Appreciate it and enough said. Walt you going to the Spring this year with Bob? Great oppurtunity to see friends from Montana and other States. James

19. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

James: Would love to make it to Tucson but I will be enjoying an anniversary trip to Hawaii that week.....oh well!( and unfortunately Bob is out with back surgery ) .
    Shoot well and enjoy!

Walt

20. In plain view

In plain view Member

I attended the shoot at NHSC on saturday and if they had another shoot on sunday I would have been there as well. Simply put, NHSC knows how to put on an excellent shoot. They do it shoot after shoot and for those of you who have never been there your the ones missing out. It's a 130 mile round trip for me but uit's worth every mile. I'm looking forward to the PITA shoot at Redlands in March. Terry and the folks at Redlands are premium as well. Bob English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.