1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks, Newt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Watching him on Greta, hates the bailout, tells it like it is.

Bad plan, all the Wall street rats will cozy up to the Washington cronies that have been getting lobby money and hold out their hand.

Gotta love it, someone with a clue.

HM

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

America is going to get raped in this bailout!

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Don't you know it. I agree with both. J.Woolsey

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's a crap sandwich and we're gunna have to take a bite. But as bad as it is, I'd rather see a damn stinkin' bailout than a full blown depression and massive loss of jobs. Those responsible should be held accountable. Starting with Obama, who was taking banking industry lobby money while he avoided the vote on the bill McCain was trying to get out of committee to deal with this.

5. halfmile

check it out.

HM

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I listened to Gingrich on the radio yesterday. What he had to say was interesting.

7. halfmile

I couldn't paste the video for some reason, but go to the link and scroll down to play the video.

This is the first time I have seen an accurate assessment of the problem.

If someone can put it up here, thanks.

HM

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Unfortuneately, Bush and many other republicans and democrats are in favor of the bailout. When is this country and our government going to stop rewarding poor performance by companies, CEO's and borrowers? Our schools need to be teaching courses on everyday economics and household expenditures since people in general don't seem to be teaching their kids. We need to get away from the thought of "I can afford that payment" and get back to "whats this thing gonna cost me once its paid off?"

John E.

9. recurvyarcher

Is this the one that you wanted?

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=&referralObject=3106025&referralPlaylistId=playlist' />

10. halfmile

That's the one. I can't play it, must be a conflict somewhere here.

I couldn't email it either.

Dumb computer.

Watch the vid, it's great.

HM

11. recurvyarcher

HM, you can probably fix it by uninstalling Adobe Flash, and then re-installing the latest version. You need to download the uninstaller program (link above...scroll down to bottom of the page).

There were a lot of bugs in version 8, if that's what you had, that would prevent you from viewing videos, and sometimes would have bugs that would make an update to Flash fail.

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

What I don't get, and may be because I haven't studied it that deeply yet...is if the govt. bails out all these failing companies, do the CEO clowns that are downing the $50 million paychecks get to keep these giant amouts, and never have any retribution against them?
    Seems to me if that's the case, only the little guy gets crushed. They should have at least 90% confiscatd and used toward these buyouts...WTH it's a joke!
    IMHO, puablo

13. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

puablo, you are so correct, should be all of it confiscated except minimum wage for the time they ran the show. Lets cut the rip cords off of the golden parachutes these corporate thieves thrive on. John E.

14. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

What Curvy said. I had to uninstall the old player, then reinstall the latest Adobe Flash Player.

15. recurvyarcher

Guess what? Some did have to pay some money back. But, Guess what? They didn't personally pay the money back, an insurance policy did. Guess who paid for the insurance policy? The companies from which they resigned.

Oh, and they gave up some stock and bennies. Didn't matter that the ones that they gave up were fairly worthless, though.

Just as with other situations here in the U.S. (all the way down to the parent/child relationship level), it is rare that one is adequately disciplined or made to pay a prohibitive price for misconduct.

16. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

The nationwide discussion with Newt is on this Saturday. Here's the link.

Kip

17. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I hate to say this, being a very conservative Republican. But treasury Secretary Paulson either has to been one of the dumbess asses, in a high position, or he is trying to protect those that put us in this mess. I have been in Real Estate for almost 50 years. Every 6 to 8 years we have a market correction. This past period we had a prosperous period of some 10 years, thanks solely to the subprime loans. All prudent and common sense Real Estate developers, investers, brokers and sales people new full well the bubble would burst. And when it did the consequences would be more harsh the past market corrections.

My personal opinion, we should not, cannot or for any posible reason, trust
    Mr. Paulson with a carte blank agenda. Fact is, althoug it might have further reprocussions, he should be sent packing. He is not a competent manager, and never has been. President Bush should hold him accountable, and then apologize the the American public for making such a blunder in the first place. Sorry - Jim

18. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks that giving carte blanc access to 700 billion dollars to Hank Paulson is a good idea has truly lost it. I heard Paulson say today that the American taxpayer is already in trouble and bailing out the financial industry is going to hurt less than not bailing it out. His reasoning is that unless the financials are not bailed out then the taxpayers won't be able to get loans either personal or for their business. LISTEN UP PAULSON---I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN LOAN. I NEED FOR THE BANKS TO PAY A REALISTIC INTEREST RATE ON THEIR MONEY THEY BORROW FROM ME IN THE FORM OF C.D.'S--GO AHEAD AND BAIL OUT THE BANKS> WHEN YOU PRINT UP MORE MONEY FROM NOWHERE IT IS GOING TO REDUCE THE WORTH OF THE DOLLAR AND YOU KNOW IT-----THEN MAYBE WHEN YOU HAVE TO RAISE INTEREST RATES TO FIGHT THE GOD AWFUL INFLATION THAT WILL RESULT FROM YOUR BRIGHT IDEA, I'LL GET MINE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.