1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Thanks Lynn Gipson**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Aug 22, 2013.

1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Tournament Director for the 2013 Grand American, Lynn Gipson, did a supurb job bringing us who attended a well run tournament. Lynn's been around trap, and in club management since childhood and it shows. Quality job from a quality guy.

Thanks Lynn...best Grand ever!

Milt Palasota/Linn Creek, MO

John Skyles/Coffeyville ,KS

2. lowbaselarry

lowbaselarry Member

mette56 You hit the nail square on the head. Larry Marvier

3. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Lynn does a great job and has a equally great backup crew to help him.The current A.T.A staff is top of the line !

TD

4. Stuart

Stuart Member

Not only first year as Shoot Director, but he brought a new Computer program on line at the same time. I don't know if that was guts or stupidity? When you remember what happened to the last several Executive Directors of the ATA, David Bopp, John Norris and Frank Rively, that took confidence.
    Stu

5. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I shot a lot at kcta, where Lynn Gibson managed the club for years. and the saying at the grand if you shot 200 get checked in you don't need to be called, if that isn't clasic Lynn Gibson I don't know what is. He did a great job running the shoot offs and running the whole program. I can't brag enough on the facility, it was immaculate. They were mowing, grooming, and cleaning all the time. If you are not coming you are missing something special. Now don't get me wrong,if you don't want to come you are doing me a favor by staying home. It started at 9 and we were finished sometime around 4. Shootoffs going right a way and done for the day. It was not too crowded and again the whole program was awesome. Thanks Stan

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I, too, have shot some at KCTA when Lynn was running the show there. You could always count on KCTA shoots to be well run, and smooth.

So it doesn't surprise me to hear this about the Grand.

Some day....

7. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

nnnnnnneat to hear a positive thread,,I was awed by the way things ran,what a fantastic job....MX8Dave

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I personally didn't see any major improvements as far as the way the shoot was run. I think the new computer program was a big flop.. yardage problems.. long lines.. machines not working... checks not printing.. paying the same score twice in lewis class. Then the programmer stands up in the BOD meeting and admit all the problems .. followed by a round of applause. I have no idea what they were applauding ...

My old ATA card was cracked so I went to the service desk and got a new ATA card. Then was told not to use it at the shoot because it wouldn't work with the new computer system. .. What good is that since they won't let you enter without your plastic card??

While watching a friend in the shoot offs I overhead one of the shooters ask where the referee was for the field. The score keeper called to a gentleman walking down the sidewalk He walked up and advised them that he was the referee for that field and 3 others. If there were any problems he would come back and address them. I know it's hard getting people to do this job, But this is the GRAND.. I think shooters deserve a referee on each and every field for the shoot offs just as they have had in the past.

I attended the BOD meeting, just as I have in recent years. The EC says they want transparency, that they want the members to know what's going on. But when the papers to be discussed in the meeting were handed out before the meeting, I was told I could not have a copy. Only delegates were allowed to see them. (I did witness at least one "non" delegate being handed a copy of each and every paper) That was one of those moments where you just think to yourself.. hmmmmm.

Jim Moody and his crew did an outstanding job of setting targets and keeping the machines running. But that does not surprise me, having worked with/for Jim the last 2 years. I personally think he deserves a lot more credit for how the shoot runs.

I did see major improvements by the IDNR to make things better. I think they were the outstanding "change for the better" part of the Grand.

JMHO

9. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

I second flalagarto mr gipson hopefully gets the computor system corrected because of several handicap problems like reassigning a shooter to the last squad when he is ready to take the line and paying for pre squad and paying for the event not once but two times just as taking the line being told of squading changes when both shooters paid to shoot together along with disrupting the squad. I spoke with mr gipson personnely about this his response was what more do you want me to do. Thats not the answer so mr gipson not to good by me. Idnr great job grounds looked great and clean.

Search tags for this page

ata lynn gibson

gipson bod

lynn gibson ata

lynn gibson kcta

lynn gipson ata

lynn gipson executive director