1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Jim Bunning! (For nothing)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pullbangloss, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Never heard of this guy before (until now) but thanks for ending the unemployment benefits for me and the millions of other unemployed Americans! He's the lone Senator (R-KY) who voted down the extension benefits.

Now I can cancel all my shooting plans for the next few months. If I'm lucky I can have a better interview than the other 100 people applying for the line cook position at McDonalds and get the job. Thanks again Jim.

Oh, and let's hope I don't get sick. You ended the COBRA health benefit program as well. Thanks buddy!

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

2. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

If I were unemployed I would not be shooting. I would be saving my money for necessities. At what point do we as a nation start paying up front for all the benefits instead of borrowing it all? At least one man has enough guts to say start NOW.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be a smart ass, but if your that tight on money, how can you afford to shoot?

He voted it down because Congress had not specified where the money was coming from.

For some reason, I feel it's probably coming from me.

4. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I agree, Chris.

EE

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

He isn't voting to end them. He is demanding, as the lone courageous senator, that they be paid for with cuts to pork barrel programs. When the rest of the spineless senators including all the RepublicRATS cut enough pork spending to offset the cost, he will vote for the extensions.

6. pullbangloss

I forgot what kind of site I was on. Sorry.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

7. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Just an fyi, for those of you that are over the age of 50 and may remember...Jim Bunning was a major league baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies and pitched a perfect game in 1964 against the New York Mets.

I lived in Lexington, KY for three years and honestly was a pretty standup guy..for a politician.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Just curious, whats the maximum number of weeks you can claim unemployment compensation?

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Do you remember now .

I did,t shoot trap for 25 years because I needed the money to support my family . Now my family is grown and on there own so now I shoot .

That is how it,s done son

10. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

skeet2day,

AMEN!!!!

Jack

11. pullbangloss

Hey Skeet,

Thanks for the kind words. See, I live in Michigan and jobs aren't exactly popping out at everyone. To say that I need to get a job and call me a lazy something is really bold of you. Especially when you don't sign your name to your comments. Glad to see you hide behind a code so that you can talk $hit and not back it up. You remind me of a few other guys on this site.

By the way, our shoots cost around $20 a week. I am more of a games shooter than registered shooter. After gas it may be $25 a week. That's pretty inexpensive to keep your sanity after getting rejected for a job 10-15 times per day.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

12. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

And the op shows some of what is wrong with this country.

FYI my wife is on employment and we live in Michigan as well, so don't think that only us working people feel good about his vote. Yes we will have to cut back more spending guess I have to stop reloading and don't plan on shooting at all this year. (until she does get a job).

John MI

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Senator Bunning is absolutely right on this one. Congress passed and Obama just signed the "pay as you go" bill in February. Now the first bill that comes along the Democrats want to exempt from the pay as you go law. I say bravo! Hold their feet to the fire. There is plenty to cut in all the spending Obama has scheduled.

14. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

There is no way Jim Bunning can stop it for long even if it is law. The other clowns on the hill will pass a new law in the next day or two to override whatever is already written. Or, hussein will simply sign an executive order.

Mark

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Take that $100 and drive to another state and see if they have employment,,,,if the well is dry, continuing to drop a bucket won't cure your thirst....

16. TC

TC TS Member

Although I agree with the senator, How is one senator able to block this? Why can't some of the other BS stuff be blocked as well by somebody with guts?

17. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

A shooting site is not the format for griping about not having money for shooting via unemployment. It seems like a wasteful use of unemployment benefits. Bunning is being vilified in the press. I think he's right. I wouldn't send my kid to the store to steal food for the table. Congress trying to spend money they don't have is no different. Jim

18. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

I know Matt he ie a young man that held down a good job for a long time he did not quit,the job moved out like so many Michigan jobs have.He is feeling bad and came to one group he thought would at lease listen.I shoot with Matt our game shoots are vary low cost and 99% of the time he wins enough to more than pay for the night.I am on social security so I should also be a bad person in your eyes.A little understanding would be nice.you all have a good day.

hook

19. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

He says there are no jobs, yet he also says he gets turned down for 10-15 jobs a day. Go figure.

20. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If I understand the TV and radio newscasters, unemployment runs for over 2 years and they are thinking of extending it longer. In NY state the max is $405/wk, PA and Mass are around $600 or more/wk. Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.