1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THANKS! for another successful GRAND!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, we finally got unpacked and sort of up to date with the paperwork from the Grand American. I haven't even looked at TS.com in a week or so. Nice to be home again, although I probably should do the Cardinal shoot. My wife would not be happy with me gone over 3 weeks in August. Discretion is the better part of valor ... particularly if you like being married!

By all measures we had a successful Grand American in 2009. Thank you to all our customers and friends who made it possible again this year. We sold lots of guns and accessories. Our Target-Mizer token and card target management systems went over real well. Canterbury wireless systems are moving well too.

My employees, Corky, Gary, Colton and Dennis and I wish to thank all of you for another year of support. Let us know if we can help, just give us a call or an email.

With sincere gratitude, Bob Schultz

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Spread to word folks. The Grand ala Sparta is a success.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thank you Bob. It was very enjoyable to be able to spend some time with you. Gary is some sharp and very helpful, I am willing to let him shoot my Infinity for a day if he'd like, I just don't understand how he thinks it's his. How many tickets left? Shoot often while we can, Bob

4. Bob Schultz

There are about 10 tickets left for the IFINITY raffle. 120 tickets $100 each. All the money goes to NC Hall of Fame homegrounds fund and its all tax deductable. Ken Duncan has a couple of tickets and he is at Cardinal Center shooting this week. We will draw for the gun at our Hall of Fame shoot next month. Thanks for all the support!

Bob Schultz

5. bas

bas Member

Hi Bob...glad you had a good Grand...while we were not there, obviously, via this forum, I have heard a lot of different things. But, I have heard directly from more than one vendor that they were busy, some were out of components, and I heard that one vendor left early - not because he was unhappy, but he was "sold out"

Come on out this way so we can see you!

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Bob,

I am glad that you had a successful Grand . The gentleman that runs the Butcher Block said the Grand from 2008 carried him through the winter. I wish some of the old vendors from Vandalia would return to the Grand, they are important to helping it succeed. Thanks for your response on my thread regarding improving the Grand.

Charlie

7. Bob Schultz

Charlie,

Which vendors are not at Sparta? I miss the Italian Sausage guy ... but my arteries don't! I think most of the vendors are in attendance, you just have to go farther to see them.

We can't go back. Vandalia is done. Cardinal center is great but not the Grand either. We could have it a whole lot worse. Shoot and be happy!

Bob

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Barry, Please send me some of that stuff you are smoking or get a calculater and go over the numbers off of the RJS website ... Personally, I'm glad some of the vendors had a good Grand but the number of shooters is not good ... Go watch a Parade, you will see many people but not all of them are marching in the parade itself ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Bob,

I prefer Sparta . I do wish the dynamics could be altered to "create a little more foot traffic".

Charlie

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

TJ, I'll continue to be positive and you can continue to be negative. If you had attended this year's Grand you would know that it had a more positive feel. Good weather, great targets, good food and a community feel. I know my neighbors, Wally, Mellani and their doggy, Maggy now. Roots are beginning to take hold and traditions are being molded. Something you can't count but know it exists. I don't expect you to know that and expect you'll remain negative and left behind. Remember when you told me that the Grand would never come to Illinois and my response to you then?

However, like that ol' story about the frog( me) and the scorpion (you), It's just in your nature.

See you in AZ and I'll treat for lunch, if you promise not to sting me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.