1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for all the prayers!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    around a week ago, i wrote that my mother in law would be going into a hospice. i received a call today at work from my wife, and she said that her mother passed away around 11am. I have known my mother in law for 40 years, and while she was laying in her bed, i was shocked at the facial resembalance to my wife. to be honest, i never noticed it, and that shoke me up. i started thinking of some of the minor arguments that we had over the years, and i realized that it really didn't matter today. looking at her, i leaned over and whispered in her ear, thanking her for my most precist gift, my wife. i said i was sorry for some of the things i had said to her at times. i started to look at my wife, her sister, and brothers, and my father in law, i tried to realized how they must have felt. my father in law, grew up next door to her, they were together over 80 years. i looked in my father in law's eyes, and for the first time since i first met him, i saw fear of not knowing how he will live without her. i spoke to him in private, and he asked me, if i would mind, if he stayed the night at our house? he did not want to face going him alone today. this same man fought the germans in world war ll, but yet, he was afraid to walk into his own house without his wife today. what do i tell a man who just lost the love of his life?
    steve balistreri

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

No doubt let him stay with you and dont say a whole lot unless he asks, for now anyway. Peace be with you and the family.

Bill

3. finger

finger TS Member

Steve: Just be there for him. Help him with the little things in life he has never had to think about before. Like how the clothes washer works, how to boil water, how to write a check etc etc etc. I went through this when my mother in law passed on. My father in law did not know how to do much of anything in the house....his wife had done it for years. The man had never made himself a sandwich. The best gift we gave him was to teach him how to do the little things and let him learn and grow by doing them and more. We were just "there" for him. That will mean everything to him. God bless. bob finger

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Senior Smoke, I will probably never get the chance to meet you, hope I do though. You seem to be one hell of a fine man. A caring individual that respects life and others. God bless all of you.

Gne J

5. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

It is so difficult to know what to say and when to say it.......ask God to guide your words and your actions.....he will show the way. Ask others to pray for you as well as your wife and your father in law. He is very lucky to have a son in law who cares so much........and your wife is fortunate to have such a caring husband.

Our prayers are with you and yours.

The Hull Family

6. bas

bas Member

Steve, I was very touched by your post. I lost my Mother April 16 - and we always "disagreed" - we were not alienated and I loved her dearly - but, she could get my temper up very quickly. We moved to AZ so I could be nearer to her after my Dad passed in 2000. And now, I can't believe how much I miss her. I know exactly what you mean about your Father-in-Law...I don't know what my Dad would have done if things had been in reverse. Even though he was the "head" of the house....he would not have made it without her. My heart goes out to you and your Father-in-law will make it...with help from people like you and his daughter and the rest of the family.

7. Billster

Billster TS Member

Great post, Steve. Thanks. It's the curse of our age bracket...watching our parents go. Be at peace. Thoughts with you all at this time.

Bill

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Steve, I have to agree with the Hippie about you and your post. I know that it is a sad occasion and your Father-in-Law will find nothing to rejoince about right now but to know that the Love of His Life is no longer suffering and I hope and pray that She is looking down from Heaven. If She impressed you in any particular way let him know what it meant to you. For all of you, Always remember the good times. You and your family are in my prayers. Jackie B.

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

bas......Betty,

I had not heard about your mom. I am so sorry to hear this as well. My prayers are with you too.

see and talk to you in Tucson. Missed not seeing you at the Autumn Grand this year...........

Lorna Hull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.