1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks For Advice and a

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Thanks to all fellow trapshooters who had experience with generators and snowblowers and took time out to advise me. I don't live in cold country. I purchased a NIB 5000 watt Subaru powered generator and it kept us toasty two weeks ago by powering a pellet stove during a two day snow-precipitated power outage. I have now obtained a proper cord to use with the transfer switch, btw, and the transfer switch was checked out by PG&E.

My brag: I just purchased a new Ariens snowblower, 22", for a little over $600.00, tax included. It appears to be a fortunate find and buy; a year end close out. Now, if all is well mechanically with the blower (assembled correctly), we are safe and good to go and can enjoy the snow season in the mountains should we chose to vacation during the snow season and take in snowshoeing, cross country skiing, etc. We can save bucks re. paying the "kid with the snowplow" and vacation in the snow when we wish.

Re.: Snowblowers: (From what you folks have taught me.) Honda 928 with tracks is the "Cadillac", the Ariens line is a "high end Buick."

And, again, thanks to David VanElgort for this website. You guys saved me tons of time and money that could have been lost buying consumer review books, visiting power equipment stores, etc.

"This Bud is for all of you"....

David Buchman
    Los Angeles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.