1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Federal Cartridge

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Bought a Federal Wally World "value pack" a while back, and lo, and behold, one of the shells had NO PRIMER.

Obviously had no powder either, but looked perfect otherwise.

Sent an e-mail to Federal's customer service thinking they'd want me to send the shell back for proof, then they'd send me a check to cover a box of shells. (That was my experience with Remington in a similar situation.)

They e-mailed back that they'd send me a box, and no, they believed me so I didn't need to send the shell or e-mail them a photo.

In the mail today I received not a box of shells, but a whole value pack. 100 shells for one bad one.

That's customer service.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

MIA- I would have been satisfied if they has sent me one primer and 17 grains of Red Dot to stick in the defective shell.

Pat Ireland

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

While I agree that was a class act on the part of Federal, I cannot imaging how it could have happened. I would guess that a lot of people who might frequent this site have no experience with automation and high speed prodiction equipment. In any stable process, there are normally several safeguards to make that type of thing impossible. If any one condition is not met, the system locks up until someone restarts it after correcting the problem. Photo eyes and prox switches looking or feeling for that primer should have stopped that round from making it off the line. Someone was sleeping at the swtch or they are loading that ammo on outdated or jury rigged equipment.

Jeff

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

About 35 years ago I blew out a barrel on a L.C. Smith Speciality double with a goose load. I sent Winchester the hulls in the goose pit and the gun and they sent me a new Pigeon Grade 101. That was in the good ol' days when we had friends who were factory reps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.