1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thanks DeVault&Old Tree, my XT is wonderful

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rrose, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrose

rrose TS Member

Thank you to Dennis DeVault, Cindy and Traci for wonderful work on my new stock and to Old Tree for this good looking wood. I just got back my XT with the new DeVault stock last night and it is so much nicer than I expected. The checkering is truely art. I was very impressed with how patient Dennis and Traci were on my fitting day and even though it took a long time to get it to fit me like Dennis wanted they never gave up until it was just perfect. Not only is Dennis a true master at his craft but he is one of the greatest people you will ever meet and is a person that does so much to help others without wanting recognition for it.
    It is just awsome to have my gun fit me the way it does now, it fits like it was made for me because it was. One big surprise is that this stock seems to have less felt recoil than the PFS I had on it before. I know that is hard to believe but I think it feels like less recoil now then with the PFS.
    It has been a great
    I hope that if you get the chance to experience a DeVault custom stock you take the plunge, I think you will be well pleased after you do. I have asked for help posting a few pics but am more than willing to eamil them if you want to see me new baby.
    Thanks again Dennis.
    Randy Rose

2. missemucho

missemucho Member

Randy; I'm still interested in your old forearm if you still have it.
    John

3. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Randy,

Great looking stock!! I had Dennis and crew do my K-80 last October and couldn't believe the difference. NO RECOIL!! I agree greatly. Dennis and crew did such an amazing job, I am sure you and I can agree that more people would enjoy this sport with a custom fitted stock.

Again, your stock is awesome.

Yours in sport,
    Cory Kreith

4. chemist

chemist Member

Dennis- I think you have a great looking gun and wish you many perfect rounds. I need to ask a ??- I am looking at the possibility of buying the XT combo- the rib on your gun looks like you have added a rib to make it higher- that is what I have had to do to my BT99. I was hoping that by buying the XT it would eliminate the extra rib need to get the fit I want. Can you email me and tell me why you had to add it on. RichMKap@aol. thanks for your time

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The rib that is on the gun was there from Mr. Rose when he brought the gun in for us to fit him. I believe it is a rib from Keen Sight in California. Thank ytou Randy and good luck shooting.

Dennis DeVault

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

Jack: Thanks for posting the pics.
    John: Dennis has the old forearm, email him to see what he would want for it or maybe he is willing to give it to you.
    I added the Keensite rib before I had the stock made. On most guns I am unable to get my eye low enough to get a 60/40 pattern. I seem to always shoot about 80-100% high. I have had to add a rib to my guns to be able to get a sight picture that would let me shoot 60/40. I could have taken it off and had the stock made but I like keeping my head upright as much as possible. It seems to me to be a distinct advantage to keep my head as upright as possible and I know I see the targets better that way.
    I went out and shot yesterday in the 30-40 mph winds. Did not get them all but I was very pleased with my stock and I still say the recoil feels less than the PFS. I am looking forward to getting used to my XT now that it fits right. Good shooting. Randy

7. chemist

chemist Member

Randy- thank you very much- your last post answered my question and described my problem perfectly- getting my face down on the stock and seeing the right sight picture without beating myself- I added a Keen sight to my BT99 and it solved the problem- again thanks and good luck hitting them all

rich

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hi Randy,

An oversight on our part your forend will be mailed back to you today and you will have it tomorrow.

Dennis DeVault

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

John:
    Do you want me to send you a pick of the forearm. If so send me an email so I can send it to you. xxxrandy.rose@ipaper.comxxx

10. 6871

6871 Member

Hello Randy:

Beautiful piece; Dennis and Team are great at exceeding customer expectations and have done it again; a philosophy every company should live by.

Here's to a successful 2008 target year.

Cheers,
    Keith S. Crider

11. missemucho

missemucho Member

MIA:
    I'm getting ready to replace my recoil pad; exactly what model Kickeze pad is that?
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.