1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Bill & Ruthie Hunter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Augie Daddi, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Today, we celebrated Jim Snow's 97th birthday at the Range. Jim shot in our monthly Dodge City fun shoot in his new rolling shooting station thanks to Bill & Ruthie Hunter. Jim isn't much for words. He describes his new rolling shooting station as 'real spiffy'. Jim is the guy that ran his 1st hundred straight in singles at the age of 94; an ATA record. Click on the URL above to see images of his first round in his new roller. The members of SAN DIEGO Shotgun Sports are grateful to the Hunters for making his involvement in trapshooting a bit easier as he continues to get older.

ABD

2. DeVille

DeVille Member

Bill and Ruthie never cease to amaze me with their friendliness and what all they have done for Trap Shooting. I feel blessed to have known Bill as long as I have. Since I have moved across the state line, I don't get to see them often, but I still get to read how gracious they still are. Thanks.
    Dex, Oregon ATA Delegate.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

cwh Above you incorrectly stated "For those of us in So. Cal, the Hunter's name has become synonymous with generosity." You should have stated "for those of us who shoot trap anywhere, the Hunter's name has become synonymous with generosity."

Pat Ireland

4. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Augie,

Thanks for sharing with us, Happy Birthday Jim!!!. A big thanks to Bill and Ruthie Hunter. It is truly amazing what those folks have done for trapshooting.

Dennis

5. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Thanks cwh. I added your great birthday cake gif image to the website page. Real spiffy!

ABD

6. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Anyone out there have a pic of Bill & Ruthie??????

Augie

7. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

I want one to post on our web page thanking them. If you have one and can scan, send me a .jpg file. I don't have any of the programs with his or their picture. Went to Hunter Woodworks web site but no help there.

Augie

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Hunter's are great people. About 30 years ago the first prize I ever won, was 100 shells for a second place finish in "B" class singles. It was my first ever ATA event. Maybe that prize kept me in the game, thank's to Bill Hunter. And he has done that many times through the years, for many clubs and non-winners. Much of the time the prizes were for 2nd & 3rd place non-winners (like me), which I've always felt was a wonderful thing for him to do.

9. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Thanks cwh. I've got it and am working on it. I'll let you know when I post it.

Augie

10. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

cwh, I remember that picture. If I'm not mistaken, the jeep in the background was the one he donated to Redlands for a shoot trophy. I did some work on the file & posted the image. Thanks again.

Augie

11. red barron

red barron TS Member

YOU SAID IT ALL, ED. BILL AND RUTHIE ARE ONE OF THE MOST GENEROUS AND KIND COUPLE I KNOW. THEY HAVE GIVEN MORE TO THIS SPORT THAN ANYONE I CAN THINK OF. I ALSO WON LIFE MEMBERSHIPS FROM BILL AND RUTHIE. THEY GIVE FROM THE HEART AND EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN.

I HAVE MADE A SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH BILL AND RUTHIE AS I MADE THEM A TOKEN OF MY APPRECIATION. WE HAVE EXCHANGED MANY LETTERS AND PICTURES. BILL AND RUTHIE REMEMBER ME AND MY WIFE EVERY YEAR AT CHRISTMAS TIME WITH THEIR SPECIAL GIFT THEY SEND.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFETIME MET ANY MORE GENUION PEOPLE. THEY DEFINITELY COME FROM THE HEART. ANYONE THAT HAS NOT HAD THE EXPERIENCE TO MEET BILL AND RUTHIE ARE DEFINITELY MISSING OUT ON MEETING A GREAT COUPLE.

MY THOUGHTS ARE ALWAYS WITH THEM. JAMES NEUZIL JR

12. elitekolar12

elitekolar12 TS Member

Bill and Ruthie are wonderful people, I cannot brag (bad word) Praise them enough. 20 years ago I met Bill in Las Vegas at a shoot. He was a perfect gentleman then as he is now. At the Atumn Grand last year I visited with Bill for a long time , 2 months later I received a a package from Fed Ex and It was a box of Chocolates and a picture of my squad when we tied the Dbl record of 498. He and Ruthie are wonderful couple and we need to be more like them.
    Thanks be to Bill and Ruthie Hunter. Your kindness and deeds will never be forgotten.
    Bob Roberts San Antonio, Tx

13. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

This is great. I never thought of the folks that have been recipients of Hunter generosity posting on this thread. The ones posting are probably just a drop in the bucket of the many people they've touched. I guess this thread lets get to read the feedback and appreciate the message.

ABD

14. perga1

perga1 Active Member

The Hunters are amazing people. Trapshooting is lucky to have them in the fold. JRM

15. raclarkson

raclarkson TS Member

Bill and Ruthie generous? That's the understatement of the year! I live along way from California, but have seen and been fortunate to have been a part of the Hunters'philantropy. Asside from contributing to the new trap field construction at Mid-Carolina Gun Club in Orangeburg, SC, Bill donated to our new RV Park as well. We made Bill an hororary life member of the Club; but you can't get one-up on the guy, he sent silver money clip trophies to be given--complete with $20 in each one. Go take a look at www.mc-gc.org.

But, do you know what he did to help trap shooting Katrina victims? Because of Bill's caring, he asked Ken Duncan to ask me to establish a Katrina victims' fund through my club's 501-C3 foundation. Then, in typical Hunter style, he primed the pump, twice, with multi-thousand dollar checks! Many of you participated and helped trap shooters recover to the tune of about $36,000! Bill wants and expects no thanks, but I do thank him on behalf of the shooters who received aid.

I bought Bill and guests dinner in Sparta at the first Grand. True to form, Bill send a nice note, picture and donation to our club. What did I say about getting one-up?

There is a reason that Bill is in just about (if not all) every state's trapshooting hall of fame.

I too receive fudge-way too often-and realize how lucky I am to know Bill and Ruthie Hunter! Robert and Bob

16. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Any more Bill Hunter stories out there? The ones above are great.

ABD

17. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

I am an ATA Life Member because the Hunters' generosity. I was fortunate at a Grand American in the early 90s to be in the "right" yardage group & break the "right" score and THEN have my name drawn to win a Life Membership! I believe the value was like $250 or so at the time. The stars aligned for me that day. I wrote Bill a short Thank you card and received a hand written letter back. That next summer he was at the Iowa State shoot and I introduced myself to say Thanks again in person. He then tried to buy me a lemonade! I did manage to buy him one instead.

He attended 1 of our shoots at Otter Creek SC in Cedar Rapids during that same era. He insisted on providing money clips as prizes and clipped $20 bills in them to boot!

There are no finer people in the world of trapshooting (or otherwise) than the Hunters! With the utmost respect & gratitude - John Dvorak - Iowa

18. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

I posted new pics on that page thanks to Bill Hunter's grandson, Jeremy. Go look.

ABD

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Gary Bombalicki and I had a real treat a couple of months ago to have lunch with the Hunter clan at Hunter Woodworks. First, what a great family operation and second, I sat there totally enjoying reading the numerous hall of fame plaques from various state trap associations.

The ATA should permanently name one of the Grand American events in honor of the Hunters. They hold a very unique position in our sport.

20. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Sorry people this may be a long one. Bill & Ruthie Hunter along with their wonderful family are my friends. I have come to know these fine people thru the years. Most shooters have heard of or have been touched by their tremendous generosity. Well guess what - it doesn't stop there ! The Hunters help other organizations and individuals as well. Bill went to an auto parts store one day and parked at the store was a family with their hood up and the father staring at his engine. It appeared they were in need of repairs and were short on money. Bill over heard the family's problems and upon leaving the store walked up to the stranded family and handed the dad I believe $200.00 and started walking away. The stunded man called out to Bill whom he had never met and ask: "Do you do this often ?" Bill just smiled and replied: "Every chance I get" Bill got in his car and left. Its what we don't know about this family that would amaze us. One last comment-every state that can - should induct Bill & Ruthie into their Trapshooting Hall Of Fame and/or send them a letter of appreciation. J.R. Long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bill and ruthie hunter money clips