1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THANKS AND QUESTION ON SEMI'S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Sero, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sero

Sero Member

0   0   0

THANKS AND QUESTION ON SEMI

FIRST OFF THANKS TO ALL THAT SO QUICKLY REPLIED TO MY QUESTIONS AND NEEDS FOR A DOUBLES GUN AND SOMETHING FOR MY GRAND DAUGHTER.
    CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH SEMI (1100 OR BERETTA)
    HAS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF RECOIL (IN 12 GA.)
    I KNOW BERETTA HAS A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT SEMI ACTIONS, WHICH IS THE BEST IN RECOIL AND DURABILITY?
    THANK EVERYONE
    JOHN SEROCZYNSKI
    VALPARAISO, IN.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Either one is as soft shooting as it gets. Buy either one or both and have a great time with it.

ss

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

1100 has less recoil. An i am not offended, rather just correct.

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

I also vote for the 1100. Softer shooting and just as reliable in my opinion. With millions sold they must be reliable and the parts are for the most part all interchangable.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

oh my god- jack!! 1100 vs a 391 you're too used to those highend guns!! if thats true ( and i dont think it is) then go to a gunclub rack sporting clays or trap range- how many 1100's vs 391's or 303's do you see??? there has got to be a reason!!! now , i will say that IF the 1100 was favored due to recoil, it is due to the fact, its a HEAVIER gun!!! now i aint gonna get personal, but on parts-- walmart carries gas rings for repairs! whats that tell ya?? happy shooting

6. RJ

RJ TS Member

0   0   0

I have a saying that goes like this. Oh! Before I go on I have one Remington 740 Woodsmaster 30-06, two 1100's and one 870 Wingmaster. The sayin goes like this. Remington shot guns, Timex Watches, Chevrolets, Moms and Apple Pie, There everywhere! Rich. (innameonly).

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

1100 - softest shooting; easy to clean and repair 391 - alloy receiver is lighter which causes more perceived recoil; pain in the can to clean and repair (parts are more expensive). You see lots of used 391s for sale and always cost more than 1100s. Regards, Ed

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The 303 is soft and easy to clean. I clean mine in less than 15 minutes. The thing I never liked about a 1100 is the stocks are thin and feel like a kids or womans gun stock. The 303 stock from the factory is comfortable. Buy a 1100 and buy wood, buy a 303 and shoot it. A 303 is my choice. I shoot a lot of games & some of the loads I shoot in the 303 will send a 1100 to the bone yard

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

I would like th have a good 1100 just for the nostalgia...with a custom stock.

tony

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Sero, shut off the CAPS. Thanks, Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.