1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you zzt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ColBuckShot, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thank you zzt for your reply to my first bird in doubles thread.
    You told me what I was looking for, and very sound advice.

What I wasnt looking for was admonishment:
    "it is so much easier for us to change shells and shot size than it is to shoot using good fundamental techniques. We want an easy way to improve our scores. We don't want to pay the price required to shoot well with any shell"

Yea right like im stupid, lazy, and cheap. Also Tiger woods never gives any thought to the club he puts in his hands.

Thanks again zzt
  2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    SE PA
    Glad I could help.
  3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998

An apology is in order.

I deflected your original question yesterday about shot size and chokes. It wasn’t an admonishment nor was it my intent to ‘zing’ you.

Many of us have been guilty of obsessing over trivial variables instead of focusing on core issues. I have no doubt several fellow posters chimed in because they’ve also sinned and I touched a nerve.

Mssrs. Ireland and Waalkes carry A class averages. Mr. Thome an AA. I’ve carried an AA average for a long time including the past eight consecutive years. We use an assortment of guns, chokes, and loads. It doesn’t matter. I guarantee NO combination of shot size, choke constriction, and all the other paraphernalia will make a dimes worth of difference on your scores as a relatively new 80% shooter.

So, to the extent my first note sounded harsh, flippant, or less than sincere, I apologize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.