1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

THANK YOU Winchester and VTA GREAT SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Got back in last night and rested up a little so now I want to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved in the Virginia State Shoot. With a very bad kick in the rump from Mother Nature with 100+ degree heat and the devastating storm that crippled the east coast this shoot had the potential to become a real nightmare. But thanks to a lot of very hard work from all involved it didn't. I got to the club about 8am Saturday morning to find wind damaged popups and shelter tents and no power. By 8:30 a pickup truck and converter were in place and running the computers in the clubhouse and classification was underway. Around 10am generator trucks began backing up to the fields and power cables were run (literally)to the trap houses. By 10:30 first squads were on the lines and shooting. Not bad considering that just 12 hours before each of those trap houses was serving as emergency shelters for those camping on the grounds because of the storms severity.

I hate to mention names because I do not want to overlook anyone so I will just say that EVERYONE involved in this shoot from grounds to classification to scorers and cleanup did a truly magnificent job. Targets were well set and even Mother Nature provided a perfect background to shoot against and for most of the time a breeze( OK a WIND)to make the heat tolerable.

I enjoyed the chance to shoot at those perfect targets. In fact they were so nice that I let quite a few go so they could breed. That's my story and I am sticking to it ;0). And I enjoyed meeting old and new friends and shooting with them once again. THANKS again for a very, very enjoyable Virginia State shoot and BRAVO ZULU (Well Done)

--- Chip King ---
  2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I agree Chip, it was a great five days in the lovely Virginia country side. I really didn't want to take down the Babin "compound" and go home. Gabby The Wonder Dog had other feelings on the matter however...

It was hot, but not as bad as it could have been; I even enjoyed the thunderstorms in the evening--it is summertime after all!

I love summertime in the country.

Thank you to the VTA, Winchester GC and everyone else who pitched in to bring it all together.

Guy, Boom-Boom, and GTWD Babin
  3. chipking

chipking TS Member

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Active Member

Love Shooting Virginia. Great targets and Great people. Just like to know the scores and payouts a little faster. I think a friend of mine won down there. Would like to get his trophy.
  5. Bob M

Bob M Member

Four of us from Pennsylvania went down together and shot on the third. Great targets, great BBQ. I broke my first 100 straight and finished with a 197, just out of he goodies. Did I mention that the brisket was killer???
  6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

They do run a nice shoot and the nicest folks you ever want to meet and shoot with too....last year I was there Guy, Devi and myself were on the 200 singles event and wouldn't you know it ..we caught both cloudbursts right in the teeth...still a good time even though I had to drive 3hrs home in squishy BVDs
  7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I remember well Calvin.. and miss those days, and you and our girl Devi--kidnapped by some Kansas sunflower seed eatin' interloper.

Let's work on doing it again my friend.

Guy B.

BTW:

I shot 95% on the 400 targets of the championship events and went home empty handed. Lots of GREAT shooters--just like it should be.
  8. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Great shoot,great targets,beautiful country,excellent BBQ,and the folks are the ones you would LIKE to have as neighbors..Thanks to everybody at Winchester GC.

D.P.Reynolds
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.