1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to this forum!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Questor, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questor

Questor TS Member

I really appreciate having this forum available so I can ask questions of people who know trap shooting.

Thank you for making it available!

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Questor,

I agree, it is a great site, and I enjoy it as well.

A fine gentleman named David Van Elgort runs this forum site. If you appreciate it, I ask that you thank him by sending him a small donation. Its not free.

I bet if you do a forum search on his last name, you'll find his address.

Tim

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Dave's address is:

David VanElgort
    7532 Bobbyboyer Ave.
    West Hills, CA 91304

Merry Christmas to some and Happy Holidays to all,

Rollin

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Nicely done, Rollin.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It really is a great forum and I have had questions answered on topics far from shooting

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Tight budget

Tight budget TS Member

Yes ,

This is a great forum . Good folks generally. Yall have A Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy New Year.

7. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I would like to second that.
    Thank you David, and all others.

Merry Christmas

And Happy New Year

Bocephas

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

jcl

I agree about this site being the best and also it don't hurt to give a little if it has helped a great deal.

Ok you said Big TOM he was a real good guy on this trap site I never heard anyone say anything bad about him also what I liked about Big Tom was that he would leave his old post on here for us all to learn from.

Anyone can hit the search and type in Big Tom and hit sign on name only and you will see what he had to contribute to this site.

Ok here is a sample below a little over a year before he was aiming to visit the new grand ok thank's Big Tom for being a good guy on here and I have sold him stuff before and he was first class kind of guy.

Subject: Ghosts of Grands past
    Email:
    Date: 15-Aug-06

With the Grand going on at Sparta, I just had to drive by the old home grounds today. Surprisingly, there is quite a bit of the old facility still in place. All of the bathroom buildings are still there. One building that stands out is the Ponsness Warren building. Its still standing, even though all the surrounding buildings have been torn down. The big Ponsness Warren sign is still in place, plainly visible from National Road. Maybe they are still selling reloaders out of there.

Further on down, the HOF and ATA headquarters building is still there, which was expected, and there is activity there, with a handful of cars parked outside. The large maintenance shed is still there, where you used to go to buy hulls, and looks like its in daily use. There was a couple of flatbed semi's back there, what they were hauling in or out of the facility I have no idea. You could still see where the camping spots were. All of the trees that lined the trapline are still standing too.

But most surprising is that the west end vendor buildings, the long, narrow ones, are still standing. Does anybody have any idea why they left these building up, yet tore down the larger vendor buildings in the center? This makes no sense to me.

What this all proves is that the airport really didn't need this land returned to them, they didn't rush right in after the ATA moved out and start utilizing that land. All of that land is basically the way the ATA left it.

Hope to make it to Sparta next year, a very sore foot has kept me off the trapline for a while this year. Since Illinois is my birth state, it will sort of be like a homecoming for me.

Tom

Ok Big Tom's photo is above also.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy!!!!!!

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Ditto to all.

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to all.

Ray......(ö¿ö)

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Up for Big Tom im sure he would appreciate it.

fog

11. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Thanks to all for putting up with me and a Merry Christmas to all, if you want one or not..............Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.