1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to my friends!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 100after9, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

It is coming up on 3 yrs since I lost my mom ... Miss her everyday and 6 months later I lost my mentor my dad. During the time to follow I loost the will or care to shoot. But because of some wonderfulfriends I found it again. You see my dad was always my post 1. And stepping out on to the line was well to say at least difficult. So in 1 year I lost my two best friends. Now of course I had my kids. but they are not my parents. So after 3 years and alot of changes in my life .... I find theat the trap line is home again.. and I owe it to my friends here at Trafford and Ruffsdale... including the new ones at the surrounding clubs... I have tried to tell them but hard to do without shedding a tear so I thought doing it here would be ok... Thank you all for teaching me how to love this sport so much again!!! I love you all!!! now let's shoot!!!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very nice story and from the heart. Lots of us have lost parents and it is difficult to say the least. Keep the great attitude and do what they would have wanted you too - keep shooting

3. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Nothing wrong with shedding a tear over our departed loved ones. Lost my Dad 27 yrs. ago, and Mom 2 yrs. ago, still shed a tear for both. Glad you've stepped back onto the line again...and I'm sure your Dad was still standing beside you :)

YB

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is nothing to feel embarassed about. I'm 71 and I still shed tears at funerals, the National Anthem etc.

5. hoot619

hoot619 Member

If it wouldn't have effected you there would be something wrong. Hell,I cry at

funerals ,weddings well I didn't at Mine but since I have cried at a few. Wonder

why , my wife should be the one crying. With what she ended up with.

A loss of both parents in so short a time can be devastating. At least we have

the good memories. Glad you are shooting again . Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.