1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thank you,thank you generous, t.s. youth sponsors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plinker61, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i just wanted to say thanks to all who have shown interest in our youth shooters,ive seen other posters representing youth teams looking for sponsors,and am amazed at the response for the kids.
    im the trap chairman for edwardsburg c.c., a small club in michigan working on my second year as a vollenteer,and after last year i decided if any thing was going to be accomplished this year for the trap dept. it was going to be a youth trap team. 4 weeks ago i started putting out feelers,and low and behold we have put togeather 16 kids ages 8-16,who want to shoot(we have not had a youth team since 1986),and have had 4 practices with them..i put out a post here looking for a supplyer of youth trap vests,and to my amazement i had alot of donations,offers for deeply discounted shirts,and today i had a english walnut blank set from bruce bowen sitting on my doorstep to auction off for the kids,witch im debating on a silent auction at our club or a auction here on t.s..com,respone from other t.s.posters will be decideing factor since this site,bruce& my higher power put the blank in my care for now.
    im grateful that good hearted people realize that the kids are our future and are willing to go the extra steps to help them out.
    today i sent my grant app/request off to the nra for the kids,currently the club is donating all targets for them,and the 5 of us vollenteers working with them have been abel to help out with shells.but there are still items needed,shells,and proper youth trap guns for the smaller kids,or 3 870 stocks to shorten up( i have 3 870 tc's that could be used)planing a fundraiser for next month so i hope we can keep them shooting for free,our first event is going to be our district shoot in may,but i am talking to other area coaches to get some shoots in before then.
    grateful to all,thank you,mark jones

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

paul.its alot of work,but worth every minute,mark

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

al,its all fun work,cant wait untill we order our shirts from shootin sue,she made one heck of a deal to us,also all the others that have sent vests/coats we will be silent auctioning them at our spagetti supper next saturday,ill let every one know how that goes,thanks,mark

4. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

It's so worth the effort to get the kids out there shooting........they are our future. Thanks Mark, for helping the kids, we need more people like you! Sue

5. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

I'm not sure if you're aware, Remington makes a synthetic youth stock set for the 870. It's very affordable and quickly attaches and removes. Synthetic is great for kids.

Great work you are doing, keep it up! The kids are truly the future of our sport. I can't wait until I get to fit a small stock to an 1100 for my little guy!

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

thanks all,very good info,going to see how mutch to youth stock the 3 wingmastewr tc's i have in the safe,mark

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

would you like to see a auction for a english walnut stock blank from bruce bowen auctioned here on t.s..com for the youth shooters? mark

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

9. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Mark,

I think your best be would be to auction the stock off on TS.com. You'll get a lot more shooters to take a look at it plus the economy might be a little better than here in Michigan. Just my two cents worth.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

looking for trap team sponsors