1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Neil Winston!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Questor, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questor

Questor TS Member

Mr. Winston:

Last week I asked for help with my Winchester AA loads using Clays powder and WAA12SL wads. You recommended using the WAA12s instead. This did the trick. Now my loads are perfect. Thank you very much for the help!!!

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It was Bob Dodd who first suggested it, Questor; I just seconded his experience. It sure beats some of the advice you got though.

I'm glad it worked for you as well as it has for Bob and me. As I said, "Your troubles are over." When you try a powder that only needs a 28 or 29 bushing, you can go right back to those 1-oz. wads and you will be back in business there as well.

Neil

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Neil,
    I think we should have a chart that lists powder bushings and wads, this will help us get started with the right wad. HMB

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Isn't just easier to make a shell and go from there, HMB?

However, I'm guessing that Questor is a new reloader, and is working from the same assumptions I did when I first started. I imagined that if it's in a reloading guide, it can be put together all in one case. When it didn't all go in, I thought I was doing something wrong. It took me quite a while to realize my experience was valid and could permit myself to switch things until they fit.

Neil

5. 100straight

100straight Member

I think that a lot of the problem occurs when we assume that all loads in the load book have been assembled and tested. I have an e-mail from IMR, prior to their acquisition by Hodgdon, verifying that many of their "less than maximum" loads (including associated pressure) are extrapolations of other data, and/or computer estimates. The idea was that unless a load was at or near maximum, estimates were close enough.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

6. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Neil,
    Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of the help you have generously given on a myriad of subjects.

Mike

7. Questor

Questor TS Member

I am new to shotshell reloading. It seemed logical to use Winchester hull and wads using a widely published load. The load with the WAA12SL wad was singled out in some advice I read in the Lyman shotshell book. So much for logic and wide publication!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.