1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Mayor Daley

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by k1200ltc509, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Took advantage of King Daleys gun buy back today. Took eight non functioning (cyclinders missing, barrels gone, hammers missing etc etc) piece of junk Iver Js mossbergs RG pieces of crap in to the Chicago Islamic center today and got 800.00 worth of mastercard debit cards. Stood around for awhile watching and didn't see anything better then a rusted solid mossberg 22 rifle turned in. Guess all the Glock, S&w, Colt, and Kolars got surrendered before I got there. I was hoping to swap an extra card or two for a nice T/S or Kreighoff. Went right to my local gunshop and put them to good use right away!
    They will never learn, it isn't the arrow, it is the Indian.
    I've been going to do this for several years, and finally did it. It paid off. That is $800.00 that they can't give to Brady, and I supported the gunshop. Rick Gibbs

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I love that! Nothing better than to give the extended middle finger to Daley, Blago and all anti gun freaktards.

3. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Dardanelles, you should have seen the crap I took up there! Iver Johnsons, H&R, I mean major parts missing. Barrel and stock gone from an shotgun. A rusted up 22 rifle that I have no idea who made it, when or where. But you could make out 22lr on the barrel.
    The guts was missing out of an old semi auto I took up there including the barrel. I stripped it for parts and the others were just rust buckets. I will buy all of the clunkers at the farm auction this fall for $5. and pay for my components for the year. Over 25 you got a raincheck but there were 21 places taking the turnins and they asked no questions whatsoever!
    I did my civic duty! Didn't see any lugers or good stuff come in. Just that crap! RLG

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Amazing. You don't have to be a resident of the city? I heard $100 per gun. How much for a BB gun? Johnny could use a new one.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"We are all quite mad here" said the Cheshire Cat.

HM

6. joe kuhn

My wife Holga said the same thing, "Is he mad?"

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's exactly why some gun buybacks switched to coupons for tennis shoes and crap, because they found gun owners were financing new guns with junkers. Hope Daley doesn't figure that one out.

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Joe I am not a resident of the city or even of cook county. They never checked for any kind of ID of any kind from me or any one while I was watching. It was just come in with the guns, how many do you have, then onne hundred dollar gift card from mastercard per gun!!

BB guns and even plastic toy replicas were ten dollars apiece! I had to convince a fellow that on of the clunkers was a 22 rifle, but when he saw it thru all of the rust on the barrel it was another 100.00. And you can redeem the card anywhere!! I will post the total number turned in after the news. Rick Gibbs

9. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Zara it is just guns that people have given me over the years. Mostly people died and someone had this junk. A buddy of mine gave me a box with three of the topbreaks with a S&W in it that one didn't go to the turn in. There was also a Knights Templar Sword in the box and a replica WWI trench knife.

I'm kinda po'ed because I know that I have a box somewhere with another 5-6 rat topbreaks in it. I couldn't find it, the wife kept telling me to keep looking! That would have been another 600 bucks. This is going to pay for part of my Grand trip this year. I will keep you posted. RLG

10. XT George

XT George TS Member

Rick: ABC7 said it was 6700 guns that were turned in today.$670,000
    Im glad you got some of that Chicago cash.
    Enjoy your sport.
    George

11. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

As George reported, Chief Dana Starks said over "6700, success, more then the previous two years combined, and Rev Jesse conferred!" But you know I was in law enforcement for a long time and a couple times we targeted gangs, and I didn't see one GD or BGD or LK's there turning in their Glocks for the one hundred dollar debit card.

And you people that have Chase Visas and Mcards they DONATED all of the cards for the buy back program... I hope that you might remeber that when you chose a bank or credit card. You now know where your fees are going!

Zara will you be at the Grand? I would like to meet you!

George I think that I will be seeing you on tuesday, correct?

I can sleep so much better tonight... Save up your junkers ya'll, I'm sure with this success they will have the program next year. RLG

12. XT George

XT George TS Member

Rick : Normally you would but this week is the playoff`s in my Grandaughters softball leage and she has games. tue,wed and thu. Being one of the coaches I think I should be there. I will be at dgsc on tue. am or thu. am .or both.
    Im sure glad I am retired . If not I would not have time for all the stuff they want me to do, ( the wife ,daughter,Grandaughter, etc.)
    Enjoy the sport
    George

13. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I can do that! Find the scrap, it's worth money! I bet Richey would be spitting nickels if he knew what was going on... Zara are you there? RLG

14. joe kuhn

I can hear the Mayor now, "... and our children and communities are that much safer."

It sounded like a one day event. For next year, I can have my bro watch for junkers at farm sales. He still lives on the farm.

15. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

k1200ltc509 - Can you shoot me some information regarding this program. (Any links on the web?)

I used to live in Oak Lawn, now McHenry and think I can get my hands on some junkers for the "better cause". ;-)

16. silverado

silverado TS Member

Rick - you are the man!

17. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Great way to stick it to Daley and other anti-gun twits, congratulations and keep sticking it to 'em...Bill

18. thespan

thespan TS Member

Wait, Zara,

I'M the middle-age white guy wearing shorts and carrying an overpriced shotgun who will be at the Grand, with his teenage son who cannot miss a target with his high grade wood SKB 85 TSS.

What gives?

Peter Greenspan

19. XT George

XT George TS Member

Rick. The rain outs have been cancelled. The end of the year tournment for us was over today. the championship game will be Monday evening. We finishes up in 4th place.I will see you tuesday afternoon.

Enjoy the sport

George

20. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

And eh just bought the wife and I dinner too.

Update, over 7000 were turned in, those that had over 25 guns had to take a rain check! Not me that would have been a mistake I think. Maybe 20 here, 20 there...

King Ritchie, and Jesse (the Reproducer) Jackson claim it is a victory, but Channel 7 advised that most "were inoperable pieces of junk that didn't even work!"

I watched for awhile hoping to intercept granny taking the Luger artillery model in and Ida offered her two of the cards for it. But not to be, maybe next year.

This is the third year of the program and it has not done a thing to reduce the gun crime in that city, but it makes them feel good and I feel really good that I have a full belly on their dole...

I have a goal for next year! And I will certainly keep the members of this forum advised to the date it will occur on. It was almost too easy I almost felt a pang of regret, but as my wife says I don't have a heart.

Zara you are going to have to do a little better then that. I to will be in shorts, with a gun that costs several times more then what my car is worth. I kinda think that I am safe for firearms theft when then see the Ratmobile. They probably feel sorry for the owner.

Shooterz you have to be kidding. I grew up in Oak Lawn, but I haven't lived there since I got out of the service. Columbus Manor was the hood. Didn't have to have gun turn ins then, but we also didn't have a Islamic association building in the town either. Man when I saw the crap that was being turned in I just couldn't belive it.

I forgot to mention that plastic toy guns and BB guns were worth 10 dollars. I think that we should all write Chase Bank a nice letter and encourage them to keep donating the money to keep this program going that it is such a success. I would say without exageration that the 8 pieces were not worth one hundred dollars for parts or scrap let alone what I got out of them.

Daley has finaced part of mey shooting, what a good world we live in. RLG

George see you on tuesday, I will give you one of the used cards for a momento.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.