1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Lexington Blue Grass

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Southern hospitality and more is still alive and well in Lexington, Kentucky. On a recent visit to Lexington and looking for trap venues, my wife and I stopped at the Information Center in Lexington and were put in touch with a gentleman, Mike M., who offered to take us out to the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League.

WOW!! What a facility... trap, skeet, sporting clays, dog kennels, hunting, several club houses on over 1,200 acres of land about 20 miles outside of Lexington. Mike was a great host and took time out of his "busy" retirement schedule to personally serve as our guide. The members were so friendly and they host the Univ. of Kentucky trap team. Mike even offered my daughter a gun during her stay at UK. Another gentleman that night put my daughter in a MX10 so she could shoot trap. She may shoot on the U.K. team.

On behalf of my wife and I, we thank the people of Lexington for making our stay so pleasurable. Now I understand what southern hospitality means. Thanks Mike!!

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

fssberson,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Kentucky is my home state. You need to come to the Kentucky State Shoot. It is July 4th weekend, and is a very good shoot. It is at the Central KY Gun Club in Berea. I set up and vend and shoot. If you want to come next year, let me know. We will squad together.

Matt Woodson

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Matt and Terry: Thank you. I know she is in good hands. That was what some of the trip was about. Lexington moved up on our list as a place to retire to.. the most beautiful country only matched by the nicest people. Matt: how big is the Kentucky State shoot? Fred

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

fssberson,

This year according to the new issue of Trap & Field....there was 346 entries in the Handicap Championship. It felt like more than that there. There is usually 400 shooters, give or take 50. It is a good shoot with good option money in Singles, Doubles, and Caps. Central KY Gun Club is a good place to shoot with a pretty wide open background. If you are free next July... come on down, and squad up with me. I usually presquad, so get in touch with me.

Matt Woodson

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Fred,

Glad you enjoyed the visit to Blue Grass Traps at Blue Grass Sportsmen's League. There is no finer place to shoot than Blue Grass and we do want to make our guests feel welcome (Because They Are). Sorry Trapper's MX 10 RS shot too high. Please have your daughter come back and join us again for an evening of shooting. We really enjoy having the UK Students come out. Talk about getting better quickly, they do. Oh, to have young eyes and reflexes again.

Charlie Becknell
    Blue Grass Traps
    Wilmore, KY
    www.bgslinc.com

By the way, when you come again, bring your gun and join us.

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Charlie: Thank you. A great target presentation. I don't think the MX10 was shooting too high as it was too heavy. My daughter is use to her TM1 or a Beretta 390 weighing about 8.5 t 9 lbs. The MX10 weighed as much as my Mach One = 10 lbs. She still shot an 18 or so. I am not sure what she is doing about shooting at UK... don't want to push her. She shot copmpetitively for seveal years and I think got tired of the pressure. Her last shooting in CA. was a 22 and a 25 for practice. I think she may work the events for the UK club. Transportation is an issue for her [living close to campus without a car]. If I can find an excuse to come back in the Spring or Summer, I may just bring my gun and shoot some of the Ohio events also... JUST FOUND THE EXCUSE... Niece is getting married in July in Columbus. Will have to drag the Motor Doc with me. Joe is great fun to be with. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.