1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Illinois !!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by max trap, Jun 16, 2013.

1. max trap

max trap Member

Just wanted to say thanks to all the hard working people who ran the state shoot. Several of us from Nebraska who made the trip were impressed by how well the shoot was run. Great targets..really timely shoot offs...great food and made some new friends ! Will definitely go back... Ed Grubbs

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes Ed, we have some great people here in Illinois. I'm glad you had a great time at Brittany and the surrounding area.

I often wonder what the state would be like if we could saw off Chicago and shove it out into Lake Michigan. Harv

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

So, Harv are you saying that Chicago does influence the rest of the State of Illinois, which is what I have been saying all along ..? Its truly unforturnate for the good people in the State of Illinois that their elected officials have always wanted to be recognized by the Politico from Chicago ( Cook County) and have voted for and tried to assist in getting their agenda's passed ... They do what they are told to do, which seems to be the norm for sometime now ... People preach and make a stand on "Integrity" when in fact they have little to none once elected ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

I just wanted to chime in as well. I was at the shoot Thursday on and I thought it was a great event. Everything seemed to run smoothly and when the rains hit on Sunday, good decisions were made and the shoot went on. While I was waiting for the shoot-off yesterday - I sat down and thought about just how much work goes into one of these events. Unbelievable, is my only response. Thanks to everyone who made it possible

Dodger Boy

5. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

Well run shoot. Susie was wonderful! Jerry and Anthony made my day by being so gracious and helpful. Will go next year. Only complaint, prizes were cheesy. Who wants a quail photo or sand art? Need more buckles or shooter related items.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Harv...

profitable...

7. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

I have the perfect place for that quail picture and the sand art. Loved the shoot as I always have. Saw some old friends and met some new ones. The shoot was well run and The Illinois Group have prefected as best they can the RAIN day that always happens. Good job to all that made it happen. Don Kerce

8. kolar412

kolar412 Member

First time attending and God willing I will be back, very smoothly ran. I gave up and left due to the rain, what time did the shooting start yesterday? Great job ISTA.

One more thing as for next year I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Litchfield, it was a bit pricey, anyone with suggestions about where to stay and avoid. There were a couple of other places next to the HIE a Super 8 and something else.

9. kolar412

kolar412 Member

and a great background with awesome targets.

10. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

You can also thank Larry and Carole Mohr. Club owners. We have not attended since 2001, however we miss it terribly! My second all time favorite place to shoot behind Linn Creek (Not counting Elliotts and Vandalia which are closed).

Very good food which is not the norm around gun clubs, IMO. Great background...great targets and friendly people. And Oh!...those Illinois girls and boys can shoot. Always thought trophys were exceptional.

milt and Jimette

Linn Creek, MO

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Larry and Carole Mohr were especially kind to me when I showed up at 10:30 Saturday night at the 2009 state shoot, tired and hungry after driving for 16 hours straight from North Carolina. They brought me dinner, and then left the bathroom unlocked overnight, so I could sleep in my SUV and shave, shower, etc. the next morning.

Amazingly I missed winning the handicap the next day by only 14 target!

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Only 14 targets? LMAO

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If you cut Chicago off and shove it into Lake Michigan, just be sure to shove it far to the North East so the current takes it to Michigan instead of Indiana. LOL Better yet lets cut E Chicago and Gary out with it and both of our states shove it to Michigan. They are used to crap in that state anyway.

Chicago = Detroit on steroids.

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bisi: This was a thread that was started to compliment the people who put on
    the Illinois state shoot. You're a wonderful addition to any state you live in.

15. kettles kritter

kettles kritter Member

excellent job to family and every one involved. had a great time with friends and shooters. hope everyone liked the ice cream. I really did! we can diet later.

also thanks for letting us use you pad gary and Rhonda.see you next year

kettle.

16. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Ed, I'm glad you found some new friends and a new place to go. It will only take about two years and you will burn your bridge there (like you have everywhere else) when they find out how big of a phony a_ _ you are. From your only friend who still puts up with you besides the lincoln mofia. Stan

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I am disappointed in my trapshooting colleagues wanting to push Chicago into Lake Michigan. Could you imagine the stench of the lake , the fish would become too lazy to hunt their supper. Fish welfare lines. complaints about lack of fish sewage and garbage pickup. Fish would eventually lose ability to care for themselves and float up dead. Lake Michigan would be declared EPA disaster. Canada would move out of North America .

18. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Pushing chicago into the lake??? look at that the election results and you will see that all of the downstate counties voted as democrats..Lots of people liked the democrats..Use the link to see how they voted..look at Grundy county..That why the Demorats control the state..http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/illinois/ say what you want there is a lot of democrats in all of the counties..I was at the state shoot and some people that worked the counter had obamma bumper stickers on there cars..There is a lot of people that just vote the democrats in..And they are in all counties..Maybe the guy next to you shooting is a democratic voter..Only the NSA knows for sure..Big brother is watching you..We will never get our act together..We are to devided and the media controls us.. And we will have 11 million democrats voting very soon..

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There are Cook County/St. Clair/Alexander County Democrats and all the others...

Quinn won 3 counties to get re-elected... a lot of Democrats voted for Brady in the other 99 counties he won...

Get offer to jettison Chicago and East St. Louis and what we lose in revenue, we gain from decreases in public welfare...

Jay