1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thank you grayling sportsmans club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Aug 6, 2013.

1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

A really fun shoot with many friendly people. But can't you do something about the wind? Bill

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Excellent shoot, well run, nice targets, great club.
    Enjoy shooting there every chance I get.

3. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

My family and i have gone to grayling for
    Several years now. Always a fun shoot, great time every time. We will continue to attend. The weather is an issue, wind, sun, or lack of, rain etc, i have shot good scores and bad, but have always had a great time. Congrts to B. Otter for taking home the $100.00 prize i bet it paid for the room for
    The weekend. I could have shot better, but i couldnt sleep
    Well, norther mich is too noisy at night for me. Thanks grayling see u nxt year

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

northern MI noisy at night? What are you hearing, crickets? Bill

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think he's referring to when the drunken Yoopers cross the bridge and call Sheep in the late hours of the night and into the wee hours of the morning. It can get a bit unnerving.

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

is that what that noise is? I thought it was coyotes. Bill

7. Tron

The Yooper mating call is similar to a coyote, but instead of "Yip, yip" it's more of a "Yap, yap".

8. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Tron I saw a Krieghoff in the rack by the bench with absolutely stunning wood and a diamond for a front sight. One of yours? Bill

9. Tron

No, my Krieghoffs were right next to that guys guns and were the most hideous K guns at the shoot. The K80 has tennis racket tape around the grip and the KX6 has a stick on palm swell and soft comb. Pretty unforgettable.

Jb

10. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

My good friend Jim Creighton from the U.P. always tells me " The wind is your friend". But then again maybe it was just "yap,yap"....lol

11. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

The Krieghoff in the rack with the diamond in it belongs to Diamond Bruce from D&B Metal Finishing. It shoots better than it looks.
    (this posting is by his wife)

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Respectfully, Bruce's wife....theres no way that it shoots better than it looks. Bill

13. Tron

Yeah, he told me the story about what a deal he got on the wood. Lucky, to say the least!

PS, I was the guy sitting across from him with the 100oz 7-11 Extreme Gulp.

Jb

14. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

The gun shoots like a dream, Bill. I normally can't hit sh*t and I can with that gun. I should really take it from him for myself, it will be the only way I will ever get a diamond. :)
    (the wife)

By the way, I have talked to several people who went to the Grayling shoot and they can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was there and gracious. The homemade food and the coolers of water were a fabulous and rare touch. Well done!

15. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

ok Now I know who you are. Couldn't figure why anyone would want to carry that much liquid, but I'm sure you have your reasons. My squadmates were the guys doing there best impressions of the three stooges.The one with the long hair probably had low score for the event. He is trying to learn to shoot left handed[and eyed] after losing his sight in his right eye last year. Bill