1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you from Pat Ireland's wife

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dave weaver, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave weaver

dave weaver Member

Thank you from Pat Ireland

I wanted to thank each and everyone that posted such wonderful tributes, stories and pictures of Pat. His sudden, unexpected passing has been the most difficult thing that I have ever had to deal with and your kind postings have helped tremendously. I know that he would be totally amazed at how many friends he had made on Trapshooters.com, his favorite site. When I sat down to use his computer a few days ago, he was still logged into this site from his last posting. I have printed out your many kind words and put them in a book to keep. It pleased me so much that even those who had never met him in person knew him so well from his postings.
    Pat’s passion for the sport was evident to me from the first time I met him almost 30 years ago. I really knew very little about the sport, but quickly began to learn about it from him. He did not come from a trapshooting family, but fell in love with it as a young boy in Pittsburg , Kansas where the local doctor, who was a shooter, asked if he would be a trapboy at the gun club. As the years passed, he went from trapboy to trapshooter.
    One of our very first dates was to a registered shoot at the Izaak Walton Gun Club here in our hometown. I had never seen trapshooting before, but of course Pat explained everything so well that even I understood. And so began a wonderful life with Pat, traveling to as many trapshoots as possible, making many new friends. You could tell by looking at him at a shoot how he loved the sport. It became a major part of our lives that brought many wonderful times and memories.
    One of the fondest memories that I will cherish is waiting for Pat to finish shooting for the day at a shoot and watching for him. I could always spot him way down the line. I knew that lanky walk, and the certain way he carried his gun and bag. He always had the most relaxed walk and look at the end of a day shooting than anywhere else. Like all shooters, he always wanted to shoot better the next time and was always talking about that last bird that he should not have missed, but you could tell he had enjoyed himself that day. I heard him say many times to other shooters,” always remember the most important part of shooting is to have fun.”
    I want to also thank you for helping him enjoy his passion for trapshooting to the fullest. Whether you actually shot with him, talked to him at a shoot, corresponded with him on Trapshooters.com, or worked with him in the VTA or ATA, you helped him have “fun” with the sport for many years for which I am so grateful.

Penny Ireland-Pat’s Wife

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking your time to write to us, it's very comforting to know Pat had a very supporting wife that took his sport as a joy.

As I was reading some post from him days before he passed away, I realized this is the greatest lost of TS.com.

Best regards.

Steve W

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wow! what a lovely couple.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very nice of her to update us. They were obviously best friends. I am also sure that Pat will have the Pearly Gates oiled and swinging for her when she gets there

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Thank you Penny. As you know, Pat was one class act and he was much appreciated here.....Bob Dodd

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Penny: Thank you for sharing Pat with us. It is wives like you that let us enjoy the sport so much. My deepest condolences. Fred Berson, CA.

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Penny: I'm in Ga. & also did not have the honor to meet Pat, what Packman13 said are my exact feelings. You are still in our prayers. Thank You-- Ross Puls

8. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

MIA

you were RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Mrs. Ireland, Thank you so much for your wonderful letter. I live in the Ozarks and never had the pleasure of meeting either of you, but I grew to have a deep resoect for Pat through his thoughtful posts on this site. God bless you and again, thanks. you are in our thoughts and prayers. Jack Farrow

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Penny - Pat will always be with us, maybe not in person but carried on in many fond memories. I would bet he will be the topic of many discussions at the Dixie in 2 weeks, a shoot he always enjoyed and looked forward to.

Words can help ease the loss of a loved one but a true loved one can never be replaced.

Don

11. superump

superump TS Member

WOW what a great couple. What a great wife to get involved, learn and enjoy something your husband loved so much and was so passionate about. To be able to share and have someone to talk too, learn, and grow is what life is supposed to be about. People like you are far and few between. Thank you for posting and just simply THANK YOU!!

12. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Pat was truly a happy man that enjoyed life.

It is obvious from your letter that you were a great source of joy to him and we thank you for sharing him with us.

I know that I speak for many others that knew Pat through his writings on ts.com that we are so sorry for your, and our loss.

We lost a great one.

Ed. Torbeck

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Penny: After being gone from the South for the past two years, I could not wait to return a few weeks ago to my Georgia home and to be able to resume friendships with all those shooters that I met years ago. I was looking forward to attending the Dixie Grand in 2 weeks and renewing my acquaintence with Pat, we even wrote to each other about this. While I will attend the Dixie in a couple of weeks and say hey to those that I haven't seen for a few years, the void that I'll feel is not being able to say hey to this wonderful person that we all will miss. Pat will always be remembered by not only those of us who knew him, but the many, many on this website who only knew him thru his posts. God's grace to you and your family.

blade819
    John Granacki

14. TC

TC TS Member

Mrs. Ireland, Thank you for the post. We are all so lucky to have known him. Tony

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

Thankyou for the post that was very thoughtful. Bob S

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I had not heard of Pat's passing. He'll be missed. He was one of the best assets of ts.com. My condolences on your loss.

17. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Mrs. Ireland, I'm another one from the west coast. I enjoyed Pat's postings on this site, appreciating both his sense of humor and the bits of serious knowledge he passed along about trapshooting, shotguns, and all the miscellaneous topics we get into here. With many others, I will miss those posts. Thank you for your kind words to us, and please accept my condolences on your untimely loss.

Jerry Wright
    Oregon

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

Thank you Penny for sharing your husband with us.

19. dave weaver

dave weaver Member

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank you, Penny, for making Pat's life so wonderful. I'm sure that your love contributed a lot to Pat's happy personality, and his happy personality is still influencing us trapshooters. He lives on still through the new friendships that we have formed in our grief, and I hope that he has inspired many of us to be more positive and more helpful.

Please stay with us in the sport. We still need you! We hope to see you in Virginia and at the Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.