1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you from Gamaliel Shooting Supply

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gsspres., Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsspres.

gsspres. TS Member

Gamaliel Shooting Supply wants to thank everyone who shopped with us at the 2009 Grand American at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta IL. This is our fourth Grand there with our store open and also operating the shell house for the ATA.

Again this year, I was very proud to have my two sons, Grayson and Gibson Pare, running the shell house for us with Sam, Greg, and our long time friend “Fuzzy Face” John Dobbs helping them out. With the rebate promotion offered by Winchester, Remington, and Federal they got quite a workout. We really appreciate all of you who bought your ammunition on the grounds- supporting the ATA and our family business. We, again, had our “year supply of ammo-free” drawing for some lucky person who bought at least four cases of ammo from the shell house. Shells are provided by Remington, Winchester, Federal and Gamaliel Shooting Supply and consist of 52 cases of ammunition shipped to the winners door-absolutely free! This year’s winner was Dr. Gordon Rhine from Marion, IL. We want to thank these shell manufacturers for supplying the ammo for this Grand promotion.

I also want to thank all of the SCTP and the AIM shooters for their patronage at our store as well as the parents, grandparents and coaches for committing so much time and money to these fine young men and women making it possible for them to compete in this great sport.

As most of you know, Gamaliel Shooting Supply is a family business that was started by my mother and father, Faye and Garon Pare, in 1970. I am very proud to be able to work the Grand American with my immediate family and my store family as well. This year I had with me, Tina Billingsley, Duane Hammer who has been with the store for 15 years, and Jaime Langley who will soon be my oldest son’s, Grayson, wife.

Thanks again from all of us at Gamaliel Shooting Supply. We look forward to serving you and the shooting sport for many years to come.

Geoff Pare-President
    Gamaliel Shooting Supply

2. seaofgreen

seaofgreen Member

No, Thank you! Keep up the wonderful job and support of the sport!

3. biff

biff Active Member

I want to Thank Gamaliel Shooting Supply and staff for all the support they give to the Grand and the friendly manner they served the shooters! John Payne

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

I talked (brow beat?) at least three guys into buying on site.

My argument went like this, "Would you buy a raffle ticket for $12 to enter a drawing for 52 cases ($3500) of ammo? Then why in the Wide World of Sports would you buy shells at that freaking Wally World to save $3 a flat; and Walmart has destroyed more small businesses and jobs than it created in the USA?!?!"

Your guys were great. One of them even picked cases with the same lot number for one of my anal buddies. Now that is service.

You will have our business next year too!

Don Verna

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Personally, I think its great when two business's can have great years in one location especially when the economy is in the dumper as it is this year ... I have been told that WalMart (Wally World) also had a banner year in shell sales, this has not been confirmed so until I find out for sure its purely speculation ... I will get the numbers when I get the news letter that the stockholders get ... I am glad Gamaliels did so well and thrilled that WalMart did also being a stockholder and all ... This proves there is still enough business to go around and make everyone happy and gives everyone a choice as to where to spend their hard earned money ... Thankyou people for padding my retirement fund ...I was told that the store manager stated the stores gross sales up close to 40% over last year to one of the shooters from the Grand who sent me a PM ... Great job everyone ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Damifino

Damifino Member

Thank you guys for the great service at the Grand. See if you can talk the shell manufacturers into printing the Grand logo on the hulls like in years past. It was a cool touch.

By the way I have agreed to store all those shells in my garage for the lucky Dr. Rhine, so just go ahead and ship them to my house. I think he said he likes STS target 1oz. HA!

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.
    Tom Boyer

7. JGS

JGS Member

Geoff, The young men who worked in the shell house couldn't have been more courteous or helpful, and they were extremely knowledgeable about the ammo they sold. It was a pleasure buying from them. You've got a great team. See you next year. J.G.Sayle

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Geoff----I would like to thank you for having everything i needed including my new Beretta. My wife is not so thankful.LOL LOL-----Matt

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

How is Gamaliel properly pronounced? I read it as gum-ay-lee-el.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Was in your store about 6 times. Bought something every time. Your welcome.

11. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

Guys:

I've done business with Gamaliel online for quite a long time. I appreciate your store @ Sparta and really enjoy talking to you and your folks. I buy something in there each time I'm in. Keep it up and see you in September.

Mike Mates
    Belleville IL

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I didn't get to go to the Grand but friends who did only had great things to say about Gamaliels and the shell house. I have bought from you thru the mail many times and have always been satisfied.

Personally I would much rather see my money go to a company that supports my sport and shooting in general than a big box company who will replace shotgun shells with toliet paper in a heartbeat if it would make them a dime more per square foot. Keep up the good work Gamaliel!!

13. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your great service and selection of shooting related products. I bought shells at the shell house and had great assistance in loading them into my car.

Thank you for being a source for Federal Gold Medal shells.

Ed Ward

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I jsut made two phone orders to the store. Talked to a real person. Orders popped thru the door in two days. I am a customer and a believer.

15. Will22

Will22 TS Member

I bought a CG Summit for my son from you guys at the Grand. Your staff was great to deal with. I appreciate your support of the SCTP and AIM programs.
    Will Haffecke

16. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I asked one of the young men behind the counter last year and he said is was pronounced; Ga Mail

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks man. Must be pronounced way different than it looks. Is this the full pronunciation or just the first part?

18. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I spent way too much in the store there at Sparta.

The ladies were very nice, very knowledgeable and even knew me by name!

"Okay, Bob, what are you gonna buy this time?" (I fell for this most every time and bought "something").

I also buy over the phone.

I prefer, as has been said before, to make purchases from those who support our sport and who know the products they are selling. The fact that they are pleasant when getting in my wallet helps, too.

Bob

19. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

wireguy

That's the full pronounciation - Ga Mail

20. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I got my UNLOADER for my Birthday earlier this month.

I had saved up the years worth of "rejects" and in an hour and a half I had recovered all my components!

THANK YOU GARY!

SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gamaliel shooting forum

garon pare gamaliel ky phone no