1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Friends.. I'm now home PBB

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Thank You Friends.. I

Betty and I returned to our home in New Orleans at 5am last night.. She drove straight thru.. Feels real good to be back in your own bed... I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your kind thoughts and prayers.. Knowing you were all in back of me gave me strength when there was none.. I didn't want to let my friends down.. Many of you have been thhru what I was going thru...and gave me some excellent pointers.. may G-d bless each and every one of you.. i hope to just get stronger and stronger... Hopefully get back to work and put some money in the till.. Again.. Thanks everyone..If I can help any of you.. I'm home... Mike

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nothing better than sleeping in your own bed especially after spending time in the hospital. Glad your home Mike.

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

A BIG Welcome Home Mike!!!

Mike C.

Groveland, CA

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

There's no place like home !!!...Get well soon, Mike

Vern

5. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Mike ,,enjoy and keep fighting ,,bless you ,,,MX8Dave

6. dward

dward Member

Glad to hear you're home Mike. We passed by Rothschilds early last week and things looked ok then......but not the same without you there to find Joan another unique ring!

Keep getting better and we'll see you next time we're in Nawlins!!

All our best!!.......Dan & Joan

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Boeuf Gras, Mike!

Kip

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Great news Mike. I'm still praying for you and Betty each day.
    Your mate in chemo,

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gene... When is your worst Chemo days??? during.. after..???? Mine are the 4 or 5 days afterwards... when the give me Chemo.. they add a few bags of 'good' stuff...that makes things OK.. Steroids... anti nausea stuff... stomach buffers.. All goes to settling me.. but when it wears off.it's the pits.. hope things are going OK for you... I know we are battling the same deamonds... Gene.. you're in my prayers.. Next year.. we'll squad together in Sparta.. A cancer survivors squad.. I will be in those numbers... Mike

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hell yes you can help us Mike...........

Lick that cancer and we'll all feel better!!!

Take care!

Hauxfan!

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Great news knowing you're home and well. Talk to you soon.

12. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mike,

Great news! Take it easy and get yourself well. Sounds like your support team (Betty) is doing a wonderful job. :)

Carl

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

No place like home, PBB. It's all good!

14. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Great Mike it is good to see your post again. TS was not the same with out your knowledge being passed along to us. God Bless. Tom

15. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Mike, give that special lady a hug from all of us. I'm sure her support has contributed to your success more than all the well wishes we can provide.

Robert

16. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Mike:
    I'm going to try to make the Grand this year, but will look forward to a Cancer Survivor Squad with you next year.

My chemo schedule is:

First Monday - CBC blood test, saline drip, Benadryl drip, Erbitux drip, Anti Nausea drip, Irenotecan drip and finally a Folfiri drip that is actually pumped into me over 48 hours through a small portable pump. It all takes 4-5 hours.

Second Monday - saline drip, Benadryl drip, and Erbitux drip only. Takes less thsn 2 hours.

Then, the weekly cycle repeats.

My first week was the worst. Lots of bathroom visits, extreme fatigue and just a general sick feeling. That Friday, I don't think I got out of bed or ate anything. I was cranky and just generally lousy company. I also lost about 10 pounds - combination of no appetite and just feeling ill.

After the third week, I developed a painful rash on my face and scalp. I got an antibiotic and they actually skipped the Erbitux treatment my fourth week. The rash is much better now and they think it was the Erbitux that caused it. So, they have reduced the weekly Erbitux dose by 25%.

I am now at week 7 and sitting here with the pump I got yesterday (it goes where I go - kind of like a dog on a leash). I'll take it back tomorrow when it's empty. Those 3-chemical Mondays are very tiring for me - in fact I generally fall asleep during most of the drips because the Benadryl makes me very sleepy. As a result of sleeping away most of the day, I'm usually an insomniac that night.

I seem to be less fatigued and more towards a 'normal' feeling as the week goes by after Monday. I'm still generally tired, but my appetite seems good, I'm not losing any more weight, my blood tests are in the normal range, and when I saw the Dr. last week, after he asked me a bunch of questions and did a general physical, he said "Well you look pretty good", which I take as a plus. I assume that at some point in the next 2 months, he'll order up some scans to see how this stuff is working.

Mike, reading your posts, and comparing your experience to mine, I can say you seem to have had a worse time of it. Who can say why? I was anticipating the worst - loss of hair, sick all the time (at both ends) and all the other horrific side effects you read and hear about. I even got my haircut to almost "Army short" and haven't lost any more than usual. I'm thankful for being able to be at home through this and can only imagine the added stress of being away for so long.

I'm blessed to have a lot of folks here and in other places praying for me and I thank you and them profusely.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gene.. I too have had some hair losss... But I still kept most of my hair.. It's cut short now.. and seems to be mostly there... I shave every two weeks... give or take a little...

my chemo...1 bag every two weeks.. with a 48 hour pump for 2 days of injectables.. Before they shoot me up.. I have 4/5 bags of small stuff... The benadryl.. the cortozone... anti nausia meds.. etc.. Then the chemo begins..

Being away was not soooooooooooo bad.. as when I needed help... it was always first class.. In a hospital.. when now really means now???? That's how it is at MD for the most part..

Hardest part is once you start feeling better.. the walls close in on you.. Betty would take me for wheelchair rides.. That helped some.. along with fresh air..

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Glad youre back home Mike. Keep grinding and may God Bless. Jeff

19. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Mike, It good hearing your home and on the mend prayers will still
    continue . I like what you said , about not letting us down. Keep up
    the good work remember you are far from being alone in your fight. Give
    your wife a hug from all of us as she is being a very big part in your recovery.Ken U

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My bed felt REALLY good today...Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.