1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THANK You Fairfax R&GC and Arlington Fairfax IWLA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the folks at Fairfax Rod and Gun Club and the Arlington/Fairfax Issac Walton League of America for a couple of fantastic Labor Day weekend shoots.

On Sunday the A/F IWLA put on their annual "corn" shoot with plenty of fresh from the farm corn on the cobb to go along with all the other lunch items. The corn was so sweet that it was like having desert with the meal. The weather was absolutely perfect and the targets were great. They had a great turnout and things ran flawlessly. A tribute to all the heard work that all the staff and helpers put in.

Then for a great finish to the weekend the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club put on their annual Gold Coin shoot today. Again perfect weather and a big turnout. Very stiff competition with everyone trying to win one of the Gold coins to carry home. The entire shoot ran very smooth and the targets were great with just a hint of wind to keep us honest. Again testament to the hard work that the staff and helpers put in so that we shooters could have a great time.

It was great renewing old friendships and making new with the fringe benefits of great food and a chance to "go for the gold". My most heartfelt appreciation to all of you who worked so had so I could have a great time.

--- Chip King ---

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I shot at both of these clubs when I lived out east and must say that they are both topnotch!

Semper Fi

Ronbo

3. trapace

trapace Member

CHIP,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. IF IT WERE NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE SUCCESSFUL SHOOTS AS WE DID.

BEST REGARDS
    BOB BRINO

4. shark1

shark1 Member

Fairfax R&GC is a perfect place to shoot. The targets are always "perfect", I wish I pulled the trigger perfect. This is one of the best clubs going, bar-none. Food was excellent, people perfect (shooters). If you have not shot at this club you are missing out! Mike Sharkey, DC

5. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

Darn...didn't have a chance to "Go For The Gold" at Fairfax but did "Go For The Corn" at IWLA.

It was another great shoot at maybe the friendliest Clubs you will ever find. Great Day!

And everyone won some corn!! I heard the gold was a little harder to come by! :)

Many thanks to the gang at IWLA.

6. lacy

lacy TS Member

Chip and Mike

Thanks for coming and all the nice compliments. We had a great turnout and a great time. It's shooters like you who make it fun to host these shoots. See you next time.

Betty and Lacy Farley

7. lacy

lacy TS Member

Thanks for coming, Bernie. Hope to see you at the October shoot.

Lacy

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Let me guess you were either at Metro when I did my clumsy old fat man fall or talked to some one who was. Still not sure how I managed to lay the CG on the grass gently in that mass of confusion but that was the only graceful thing I did ;o) I'm pretty sure I scared everybody as I laid there quietly for a few seconds afterwards taking mental inventory.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.