1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Everyone, Shooter retired!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frye, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frye

Frye TS Member

I wanted to thank everyone here for helping me with my 24 yard blues.
    As of yesterday, I am without a gun so I'm on the sideline for several months.
    I have nothing left to shoot so it's back to spectating.
    I'm flat broke and it's going to take several months at least to be in a position to replace my Citori XT.

I just don't have the words, It almost feels like my dog just died....
    I didn't get a chance to try out some of the advice that was offered but I wanted everyone to know that I sincerly appreciate all the assistance and advice. Perhaps if I'm lucky, I'll get to shoot with some of you one day...

Respectfully,

Gunless Frye.

2. chessney

chessney TS Member

???? Frye...What happend to your gun? I dont know you but us trapshooters stick together so I have a 1100 trap that I'm not using right now if you want to use it till you getback on your feet. PM me....Ziggy

3. Frye

Frye TS Member

I can't believe what I'm reading!!
    Never did I expect to have people offering me to use there guns! Unbelievable.
    I swear, the nicest people on earth hang out here!
    Every gun I owned was stolen, Including my 3 month old XT. Good thing I didn't get the barrels polished! I almost had enough saved for a safe too but theifs got me first.
    I appreciate the offers everyone but I would just feel horrible if something were to happen to one of these guns while I was using it.
    A friend of mine started a little collection for me at work. I wasn't supposed to find out about it but I was sent the Email by mistake. He doesn't know. I was planning to host a shoot in May at a local club to raise money for MS.
    I have several customers of mine lined up for donations of Hams, Steaks, Roasts, and Cheese. When he heard that I was going to have to delay that shoot, he started a collection to replace my XT. That's one of the nicest things a friend has ever done for me.. Now this post!
    I wish I could express my appreciation! I'm simply blown away by this all.

Thank you everyone for your kindness.

Respectfully,

Frye.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Frye- I am surprised that you are surprised by the offers. This is what I would expect from shooters. I have loaned guns for 1-2 years in the past and would not hesitate to do it again. Trapshooting is much more than just shooting at targets.

Pat Ireland

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Frye,

Please tell us where you are located - would make it easier for one of us to loan you a gun...

David D

6. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

I have several pallets of ammo to loan you, and my wife of odd nights. I also can let you some clothes and a car. Maybe every other paycheck and half of my 401k. Will that help too?

7. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

dynapro,
    I bet you think you are a comedian, my humble opinion is that you are a JERK. BRGII

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

No insurance Frye?

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

That's the thing about a safe you don't need one until you need one ...then it's too late. Dynapro, I have noticed your show of empathy on other posts.

Shannon

10. Frye

Frye TS Member

Very Funny Dynapro. I'll bet you thought about that all night? Never have I been so humbled by such intelligent words. You my friend, Are an artist in your own mind! Do the world a favor and stop breathing.

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Don't mind him Frye, theirs one in every crowd. I guess even on here as well. If your ever in S. Fla. let me know I be glad to bring my back-up gun out for you to use any time. break-em all. Jeff

12. Frye

Frye TS Member

Thanks Jeff,
    I don't mind dealing with folks like Dyna-whatever his name is... And I have a bit of good news. I got my 11-87 back! I got a call from the PD and I was told they recovered my "weapon" and that I could come by the PD and take it home.
    They wouldn't offer any further info but I'm OK with that! I at least have something to shoot for now until I can at least afford to get into another O/E. Who knows, if my luck stays good, Maybe I'll be able to get into a K-Gun.

I'll keep wishing.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thats good news Frye! At least you have one to shoot now. I lost all mine to a thief back in the early 80s. My homeowners ins. only covered about two grand, about two of the guns worth. Over the years I did get 2 model 12s back though, including one I bought when I was a youngster. Good luck guy! Hap

14. Juno

Juno TS Member

That's great you got back your gun, Frye! Oh, and I told you guys dynaball was an idiot. never has anything nice to say. Wouldn't you just love to meet em.

15. sweeper1

sweeper1 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.