1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Claybuster Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scooterbum, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Ditto here. I recently had a very excellent experience with the folks at Claybusters. They are top notch peeps. CB is manufacturing top quality products for the shooting enthusiasts.

CBs are all I use. Their wads are excellent.

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

I have been using the CB2118-12 for quite a few years now in place of the 12S3. Very happy with them.

ctreay

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Not to steal this thread but, Another Ditto, always used OEMs before, have been using some CBs since about 94 without any changes or problems in published data, tried other clones but did not have good luck, ie. soft feeling & odd sounding, they did to break targets but it messed with my mind. (I know what mind).

Anyway lately I have been using the pink CB-WW clone with 7\8 because I want all the shot in the shotcup "0" wad pressure on 15.5gr. 700X, but seem to get better breaks with OEM-- TGTs, (yes I know all in my head) so my ?? is have you tried the CB--TGT clone, if so what was your experience? Thanks in advance --Ross Puls

4. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ross,
    You may want to try CB0178 (gray) with 7/8oz shot instead of the CB1100 (pink).
    I use 16.0gr Clays.
    Chichay

5. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Ross,

The gray and pink CB wads both have 7/8 oz. shot cups. The pink just has shorter legs. This allows two choices of wads, for 7/8 and 1 oz, depending on powder density/volume.

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I had some questions of Claybuster one time and I even was sent a cap.
    No charge for the cap either.

Allen

7. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Ross, I've been usuing the CB TGT12 replacements for a while now; like them better than the CB1100 pinks for 7/8ths, (rem hulls, 15gr Extra Lite powder) They load a little smoother in my Mec and I like my breaks and shell consistency better. J.Terre

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Does anyone have experience with Federal Hulls and Claybuster Wads??

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

v-strom650-- Thanks- I was hoping somebody had tried them, also should have noted that I do load STSs & GCs, & a few Fed. papers. Could you tell any difference between the CB clones & Rem. OEM????--Ross Puls

10. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Ross, sorry but I've never tried the OEM Remingtons. I have tried the Down Range clones though and still liked the CB better for this app. J. Terre

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used CB since there WAS a CB. Great wads, great prices.

12. wlc

wlc Member

Another thumbs up for CB. They have a great product and are really good at answering questions and providing samples if requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.