1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Carl Chadwell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claydust0069, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

Just wanted to say a public thank you to Carl Chadwell. He sold me a 2012 ATA Grand American pin. He wanted to just give it to me but I insisted he take what I feel was a token amount. He had sent his pin home with his dad. When he shared the story of my daughter and I going to the Grand this year before she left for college his dad wanted us to have that pin. So his father mailed it back to Carl from Michigan and I met Carl today to get the pin. It is already locked away in the safe. It will one day be incorporated into a little shadow box momento along with the White Flyer target and a hat that we bought with the 2012 logo. I have only been a trap shooter for a few years...started it in my 40's...but I have met some fine folks in these last few years. Carl and his father (whom I hope to meet at Jaqua's this weekend) are two who are right at the top. Thank you to Carl and his dad.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Carl and his father Norris are great people!

I've had the pleasure of their company on several occasions. Shooting with Carl is one of the highlight of my Trapshooting experience.

Few, hit targets as fast and hard as Carl.

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Not the least bit surprised about this story, Carl and Norris are that kind of folks. We have to keep a close eye on Carl, he is always hot on Leo's heels in the long haul....

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LMAO@theLIT one!!

Hap

5. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

claydust0069,

What a pleasant surprise to arrive home from work to find this thread. It occurred to me yesterday afternoon Joe, that although we had just met, and only spent a few minutes together, it was like we'd known each other for quite some time. That's what means the most to me about this game called trap: the people. Shannon, Karla & Leo, The Lit, Hap, and so many others...all great people...and my friends. Thank you all for your kind words...

We'll be at Jaqua's tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to introducing my best friend to you Joe...He's top shelf.

peace.

Carl

6. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

One more up for Carl. I had the opportunity to shoot with him this year at the Grand in doubles. As I had never met him or really didn't know who he was it was a experience to remember. Carl and his Dad were a pleasure to meet. Another pair of Ohio Shooters with Class. Thank You, Seymore/82

7. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I owe a lot to the Chadwell family for my shooting success. Plus Earl Watson, a friend of Norris. They taught me reloading, shooting, and friendship at the Oakland County Gun Club.
    I will never forget those days of my life. I broke my first 100 in the singles in the winter of 1993 with 2' of snow on the ground at night.

We spent many nights together with me taking notes, Norris holding court. I don't get to see them much since I moved to the West, but I think about my time with them very often.

Then I started to shoot better and Carl used to put me in my place. A left handed shooter that rivals Steve Charmichel, and a guy I call a friend, all though I don't see him much anymore either.

I assume they will remember me also. I was shooting with Carl when he broke his first 200.

I could go on forever about my trapshooting friends, but my beer is warm and I need cold.

Barry Kemper

8. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

I filled the squad on several events this year at the Grand with Carl, his dad Norris and a few of their friends. They made me feel like I was a long time squad mate. Great people, Ken Jeffries.

9. Mike

Mike Member

Carl (and Norris) are part of what's right in this world. Mik

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

That's why Carl and his dad are on the All-Star print that I drew. Good guys!

Puablo/Jeff

11. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

I wish I could wear a hat that makes me shoot like Carl or Shawn. Is it really in the hat/cap or Is it the arrow or the Indian.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

14. Money Shooter

Money Shooter TS Member

Shot Jaqua's last weekend Post 2 on Carl's squad.What a pleasure ...what did Cam
    call it "speed doubles".I meet the Chadwell's about 5 years ago ... both Carl and his dad "The BEAR" are true statesman of the game of Trap, have had the pleasure of shooting the Grand the last 3 years with the the two of them and have had the best time of my life.Carl and Chad have been the best of friends
    and shooting and hanging out has been a very special.Thanks for taking me under
    your wing,looking forward to the next time we meet.Ray Nabozny

15. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

Seymore/82, I wish I knew who you were. You mentioned it was "an experience to remember", I'm glad. Hope that we get another opportunity to do more shooting together in the future.

Barry, you and me go back a ways. I remember when you first came on the trapshooting scene (1992-3), and I also knew you were going to be a force, because nobody worked harder at getting better, than you. I want to congratulate you on how well you've done, and dad and me both are happy to call you our friend. When I read this thread to dad, and I got to the part of "Norris holding court.", dad really seemed to like it. One minor point of clarification (because I can't help myself), I broke my first 200 in July 1978 when I was 15. I do remember a 200 first with you, and that was breaking my first 200 at the Indiana State Shoot while shooting with you in 1994. Perhaps that was where the confusion lies. Anyways, regarding remembering you...we'll never forget you buddy. You are missed...

Ken, you fit right into the squad, and are welcome any time.

Mik, very kind words...thank you.

Jeff and Barry, I think I like Barry's picture better. ;)

Zardozforty, dad and me miss you buddy.

Ray, our whole trapshooting experience together has been wonderful...thanks for trying to get dad and me to eat healthier, etc. You have been a very positive addition to our trapshooting family.

Trap is a great sport with truly wonderful people that participate. We are all so lucky to have each other...Looking forward to shooting with each of you again. =)

peace.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carl chadwell

carl chadwell mi

carl chadwell trap

carl chadwell trapshooter