1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you, California!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Just returned from a few days at the California state shoot. Wish I could have stayed for the championship weekend but prior commitments were in place. I have rarely felt so welcome at a shoot venue than at Kingsburg. All the folks were friendly and helpful.

The CSATA purchased all new CVR equipment from my company so I and Gary Parker, my technician, went out to make sure all was well with the new equipment. It was, they are pleased.

Kingsburg is a cute little farming community. The locals appreciate the shooters for bringing the business to their town and they say "thanks" to you if they find you are a shooter. Any misconceptions I had of California were cleared up on this trip. Its a lot like Illinois. The voting is controlled by the big cities ... L.A., San Francisco and the like ... The rest of the state seems to be relatively conservative and "normal" by most any standard. They like to hunt and fish just like anywhere else, only they have pinheads in Sacramento, elected by the liberal masses , who are running the state into the ground.

If you get the chance to go to Kingsburg next year by all means do so, you will enjoy a well run shoot with lots of nice people. Shell prices, food prices, hotel prices and shooting costs were about the same as they are anywhere in the USA.

Bob Schultz

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Thanks for the "thanks" Bob. Yes, California is a beautiful state with some really great people. It's the politics that suck.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Bob, thanks for the nice comments on California, your analysis is right on the money. Sadly, we are always getting bashed by thoughtless individuals from other States who don't understand that the liberal agenda in their home state is probably not far behind California, hope you have the opportunity to come back often.

Robert

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Our liberal agenda has been foisted on us by Commiefornians fleeing the mess they made. But they fail to understand the error of their ways, and vote for the same BS here.

To heck with the illegal aliens. We need to close the Oregon-California border and keep the Commiefornian liberals out.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

A great thread by a real first class operation. I'm sorry that Gary didn't win the Infinity Bob, I was hoping for him right after me. Oh well, better luck on the next one. Glad you were able to get to the coast and make some more friends.

6. bas

bas Member

Hey Bob...how are you...The CA State Shoot is a great shoot and I'm sorry we aren't there....one of my favorites. Kingsburg is such a neat community, great restaurants and we always looked forward to the Farmer's Market in the Town Square. Truly a bit of "Americana". And, I would be remiss if I didn't mentiont what a great venue the Kingsburg Club is....always loved coming down the line towards the club house and seeing the kids frolicking in the King River. Hope you are doing well...we miss our southern friends.

B&R

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Bob, that's the best assessment of the many fine areas of California I've ever seen. It's true that there are some of the best of the finest in CA but they have the good sense not to live in the big cities. The same issue occurs in Oregon and, no doubt, in most states where the pin heads live in the population centers and govern all the rest of the territory. Brian has always stretched it too far on the forum but the same is happening in his/our Oregon where were it not for Portland, Salem, and Eugene, Oregon could be one of the best places to live. Most of the acreage in these western states have the finest folks anywhere, where a handshake is worth 10 million ignored promises in the cities. Then Kingsburg; surely one of the finest of the best venues that can handle huge state shoots and the like. I spent many weeks there in the 70s for State Shoots and hardly any family get together occurs where memories of Kingsburg aren't raised. Age and health prevent my going now but my fondest memories of shooting are about Kingsburg......Bob Dodd - now in The People's Republic of Eugene, OR

8. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

Hey Bob, it was great to talk with you. Now I want to know how your Clear Lake experience was?

9. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We got in one day of great fishing at Clear Lake. Caught some nice 3 - 4 lb. bass under docks and near structure at 8 - 13 ft. Free line Yamamoto Senkos and some Texas rigged lizards did the trick. One of the prettiest lakes I have ever fished.

Bob

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the plug, Bob. Folks need to realize that there are 2 California's. The liberal enclaves of the coastal cities; and the rest of the state.

I was born and reared in Pennsylvania, and it's the same. The liberal social dependents of Philly and Allentown in the east and Pittsburgh to the west. In between is the rural, agarian, conservative balance of the state.

The Central Valley towns are farming communities. People are friendly, and conservative values abound. Kingsburg is one of the nicest clubs you would find anywhere. I'm glad you had a good time.

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad that you and Gary had a great time at the Calif State Shoot. I enjoyed meeting you both and hope to host you in camp again.

Kym Hughes
    CGSTA Secretary

12. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Bob

Nice meeting you and glad you had a good time at the shoot. If you are coming back to Kingsburg for another state shoot or just for fun let me know. You are welcome to go with me up to my hunting club and bass fish. We have 2 large ponds full of pure florida strain largemouths. Lots of 4 to 10 lb fish. I am sure you would enjoy it.

Vince McNamara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.