1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THANK YOU Bill Boyd Nylon Tuff Cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Bill Boyd of Boydsafecases. I received my 2 Nylon Tuff cases that I ordered less than a week ago. The quality is excellent and they fit both my CG Maxum Combo and Alfermann great. Even the high ribs on the CG fit and the CG choke tube case that drove me nuts even in the factory case drops right in. Lots of room for BIG stocks and accessory's as well. I am very pleased with these cases. I couldn't bring myself to get the pink so I stuck with the maroon for both.

Here is the CG settled in.

chipking_2008_030398.jpg

chipking_2008_030399.jpg

And the Alfermann all settled in to it's new home.

chipking_2008_0303100.jpg

chipking_2008_0303101.jpg

Thanks again Bill Top quality and a great price.

--- Chip King ---

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Chip. I've been emailing Bill asking the questions you've just answered. The final thing is weight, and Bill told me what they weigh, but my Kolar is in the provided Americase which I swear is gonna give me a hernia. What's your impression of the differences between Bill's cases and your Americase.

best...mike

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Mike my Nylon Tuff combo case is about 3 to 3 1/2 pounds lighter than the Americase I had on my Kolar Combo. Noticeably lighter but still heavy with a combo gun inside. The corners are capped but the caps are much more round than the Americase so my paneling will appreciate that. The Boyd case is about an inch thicker than the Americase and about 2 inches longer. My CG 34 top single with extended choke tube fits with about an inch to spare so I would guess that a 35 inch barrel would have no problem either. The interior is a little more plush than the interior of the Americase which has a lower nap. The stock compartment has layered padding so a real thick stock or heavy twisted sister stock can be accommodated. The Americase has combo locks but the Nylon Tuff does not it has 2 key lockable latches. Not an issue for me because I wanted these for automobile transport and not airline.

--- Chip King ---

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks Chip. I may consider the single case which Bill says is a pound lighter, then minus the doubles barrel, might be just the ticket. For the most part our local leagues never shoot doubles and practice traps are never set up for them either, without an act of god. For the $30 price difference and lighter setup I'm gonna go for the single case, only I'll wait until Bill gets some other colors in stock. At last check he only had what looked like fluorescent orange....grin

Thanks again for the informative & positive writeup...best....mike

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had a Blaser case from Bob Schultz, only weighed 11 pounds empty, and it a great case for the money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

Maroon? They sure look pink to me. Or, at least fuchsia. :D

7. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Sorry how the colors are showing up to be red or pinkish in the photos guys, but they are really Maroon. i also have Black, marine camo, Army camo and blue in stock besides the Maroon. thanks again for the kind words. i keep asking the shooters what else they want to see from me. my new semi-auto breakdown case will be out toward the end of this coming week.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.