1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Barry Bourdage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dodgers28, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

Last night the St. Charles Sportsmans Club held their annual elections. After a tight race,and months of banter, Barry Bourdage was replaced as treasurer of the club. I would like to personally say "Thank You" to Barry! No one works harder than Barry does at the Club and he has always had the clubs best interest at heart. Gone were the days of long lines at shoots and not knowing who had won an event at the ATA shoots, Barry brought his own equipment to the club and even unloaded a truck full of targets at 4:00am, to save the club money. The number of things that Barry did for the club that were never mentioned, would take up to much space to list. There were alot of very disappointing things said regarding Barry, I am a club member, and honestly was embarrassed at some of the remarks I have heard. However - the club has voted and I will support the newly elected officials - I am sure they will do a fine job! At the end of the day - these are volunteer positions and people are giving their time and efforts with barely a thank you. Well, I will always say it - THANK YOU BARRY and everyone who helps run the SCSC.

John McQuade

2. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Well said Mr. McQuade,

I can't speak of Barry's work at the St. Charles SC because I have no knowledge about it. However, I can speak to Barry's character and willingness to work hard at whatever he volunteers for. I extend these accolades to those who work with him at TechPro, Inc.

Few will ever know how much volunteer time and effort Barry gave the Amateur Trapshooting Association and the Trapshooting Hall Of Fame.

I too thank Barry for all the good he's done over the past few years and I suspect he'll keep on helping our sport even thought some may have had some not so kind words for him.

Kenny Ray Estes
    Pittsgrove, NJ

3. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Well said by both men above.
    I came to SCSC a few years back looking for a trap team to shoot on in the fall / spring league. The club manager introduced me to Barry Bourdage and I have shot on his trap team since 2006. In that span of time I have seen enormous improvements at SCSC. Barry has always extended his self for the good of the club. I am now an NRA certified instructor, IL hunter safety instructor as Barry made this training possible through SCSC. On a personal note I have become a customer at his place of business and would return anytime I have a computer/IT problem. I can only hope that Barry will continue breaking clays otherwise we have lost a fine sportsman.

Dave Swanson
    Shooting Member at SCSC

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I'm a member at SCSC, thanks for all your hard work Barry. He was out there, ALL the time, working on projects. Did a great job running the ATA shoots.

Dave Eberhart

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Members and, unfortunately, the ATA itself has no idea how much is owed to Barry and his TechPro team. How many of you remember the old Shooter Information Center? Recall how you could get no summary statistics whatever and that you would get your most recent six events, which would fill a page, print them yourself, and then go back and load the next six.

I would just drive you wild. Add to that virtually no security, no usable backups, and a web-page design that required a programmer to correct a spelling error and you have the system which faced TechPro when they took on the job.

Discounting their bill to us by about 80% (yes, 80%!) they worked for years to give us the solid system we now have.

I regret that they were never given the credit they earned, though we did always ask them to address the Annual Meeting with their concerns and plans, where they at least got a pat on the back for - how much, millions? – of dollars of work they did for us for a pittance in repayment.

The organization was an IT goner when Barry and the crew took over and without the legacy they left it is my opinion that it still would be.

Neil

6. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the insight Neil, and by the way, GREAT to see you on here again. Is it a wonder sometimes how much work some individuals do to promote ATA, clubs, shoots, etc. and it is not noticed or appreciated until the person is gone? This dedication of time and resources is what makes all this trap shooting stuff so great. I do not know the man (Barry Bourdage) but thanks Barry for all you do and did for the ATA and your club. Scott

7. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

I attended some fun shoots there in 2010 and 2011.

Perhaps one of the SCSC guys can answer this: Was Barry running the ATA events at the time of this award?

tanda1_2009_300774.jpg

8. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Neil,

Appreciate you including the additional details so folks get a fairer assessment of the postings. I didn't think it was advisable for me to speak with specificity to the assistance Barry and the TechPro team gave the ATA organization since I had no figures to back it up. I was aware that the ATA received very favorable billing for much of their work.

Likewise, I was aware that much of their work for the Trapshooting Hall of Fame was not billed. This statement, I am able to substantiate. And the cost of their services may have even been less than what the ATA was invoiced. I truly remain appreciative to them and Bob Butterworth for designing the new website.

When the decision was made by the ATA to no longer utilize TechPro's services, the THOF Trustees were immediately provided with all the reasons why the THOF organization should continue their working relations with TechPro. One of those benefits was the minimal expense but more importantly was their professional and timely performance regarding our website needs.

Thankfully, TechPro continues to manage the THOF website unless things have changed since my decision to leave the organization last May.

Kenny Ray

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

tanda1: Can't answer specifically, but I think it'd be around that time Barry got involved with the Club's website.

I will ditto the things said about Barry and his work for the Club, of which I am a member. If the majority of members knew of the literally thousands of dollars of 'stuff' as well as time that Barry has given to our Club, they'd be shocked. IMO, St Charles Sportsmen's Club will be far worse off this coming year without Barry.

Gene in Illinois

PS Our league team is looking for a new member. PM me if you know of someone.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If I recall, Cle was running ATA for SCSC in and around that time...

Jay

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

During my tenure of volunteering/working for the ATA before, during and after the Grand, I could always count on Barry and Bobby to help me with anything I asked. Their help wasn't limited to just computer work, they even help me set up tables for ladies' bingo one year! We need more supporters like them.

12. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Spitter - you are correct - Cle was running it at that time.

Barry's achievements and contributions to the sport are far beyond what are mentioned here. He was a tireless advocate of the sport, and his contributions at all levels were incredible. Club politics is a contact sport, and whatever happened to cause this will never be fully known, we can thank Barry for the great work he did and what he contributed.

It was truly sad the way the ATA treated him - if I understand it correctly. He put a bunch of time into the youth program with not only scoring, but raffle prizes and awards.

THANKS BARRY!

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Through the summer I would shoot with Barry once in a while late on a Saturday before the club closed. Barry and I would be there after almost everyone else had gone home. Based on what I've read above, that's how Barry works. He helps others first and then takes some time for himself last. What a guy. Thanks Barry. You're a model for us all.

Joe Kuhn

14. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

Barry,
    Thank you for all your contributions to the sport and to SCSC. I am sorry you will not be serving in 2013. I certainly hope to see you out shooting. Thank you again for all you have done!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barry bourdage

barry bourdage st charles illinois
barry bourdage techpro
tech pro st charles il