1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank Goodness for Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for the assault weapons ban! Without the ban here in New Jersey it would be near impossible to control the urge to put a flash suppresor and a bayonet lug on a semi-automatic rifle. Such firepower is clearly too much for the ordinary citizen and the carnage that might result from such a configuration is too horrible to imagine.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

??? I'm confused... ??

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Don't understand your fear of carnage caused by assault rifles. There's at least 100,000 times the chance that you will be killed by someone you know, especially a family member, without using an assault rifle. Figures there are millions of assault rifles and if one in million per week would create carnage, then we would hear about it from our news sources. My point is why be paranoid over assault riles? Now for your Constitutional rights, be paranoid over that issue. BT-100dc

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I believe he was being facetious.

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Oh well, I wasted a post. I should have known coming from bushmaster. It's been a long week and need to clean the cobwebs out. BT-100dc

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

The fact that there are people out there who would steal our rights under God and the Constitution--that's scary

Four Justices who are looked up to by those in power do not respect the Constitution for what it is--a binding contract between the People and the Government which limits the power of the Government over the Governed.

These Justices and their ilk have found rights in the Constitution that are not there, and this is just a prelude to the taking of rights that were the basis for the Founding.

I fear for the free exercise of religion, the freedom of assembly, the right to bear arms and the freedom of expression (e.g. The fairness doctrine).

Liberty has never been hanging by so thin a thread as it is now. We never would have let the Nazi's the Russians or the Japanese infringe on our rights

The fools in power now, however, feel they have the right to take them away by the stroke of the pen.

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.