1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TGT 12 Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Boy, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

About a month ago there was a thread about the TGT 12 wad being used in a handicap load. It had a STS hull,I'm not sure what primer, green dot powder and a TGT 12 wad with 1 1/8 oz load of 7 1/2 shot. I can't seem to find this load on the Alliant site. The person who used it swore by it. What was the load? I use TGT 12 for 1oz but I'm interested in this handicap load. He claimed that the 1 1/8 oz of shot fit perfect in the wad.

George Ware

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

The TGT-12 (or better yet, the Downrange clone) fits perfect when loading an 1-1/8 ounce load using Hodgdon Titegroup powder.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Figure 8 wad would be more correct for a load of that description. The TGT12 could be used in 1 1/8 oz loads with very dense powders like TiteGroup, WSF, or even 700-X.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

George
    Here is my cut and paste from the post you are refering to.

"To duplicate the Nitro 27 shell use the following recipe:
    Remington hull
    18.0 grains of Hodgdon's TiteGroup powder
    Remington TGT-12 wad
    1 1/8 oz of shot
    Remington 209 primer.
    I believe the pressure is 10,200psi and measured 1235 FPS through a Ohler chono out of a 30" barrel with an IM choke. My deviation was 10fps out of 10 shells. This same shell chono's the same out of a 34" barrel."

Hope this helps. --- Chip King ---

5. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I guess I was wrong on the powder now that you mention it. It was tite group. Cause I was trying to compare price with the 2 powders. Hey thanks for such a quick response.

George Ware

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

chipking I use that load it works great I speed it up to 18.5 grains tightgroup my barrel is alot more restrictive then most I guess, but just to say it smokes them from way back I use that load for annies also.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I broke out today-decent weather. Tried 16.4grs. Tightgroup with a TGT wad, 1 1/8oz. shot, Remington hull and primer. I didn't miss any out of 50 Singles. Very clean burning and recoil was very tolerable. This load has potential!!

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

oleo',

That's a great singles load. Just as devistating is the same everything, but 1 oz of 8's. Softens up the shell a bit and picks up another 40fps. No matter how you look at it, TightGroup is awesome.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tgt12

aa wad or tgt 12 wad

reviews on tgt 12 shot shell wad

tg 12 wads

tgt wads

tgt12 wad

tgt12 wad full handicap

what is the proper wag presure on a remington tgts wad