1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas targets in So Cal, what the heck????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Sporting clays related:

Texas targets in So Cal, what the heck????

That's right, be careful what you wish for. A lot of people (me included) cry about the fact that we shoot soft targets here in So Cal. Consequently we tend to get spanked when we travel to big shoots in other states.

Well I'm happy to say that we got spanked today, and it didn't even require airfare. Moore-N-Moore "turned up the heat" and I loved it. The only "95" today was in the parking lot when I left, damn it was warm.

To give you an idea of how "hot" it was on the course, perennial front runners Tom John and Brad Sutton shot twin 75's. HOA was claimed by AA shooter Ron Hubbard with a 78.

I shot a 60 and felt good about it. I wish I could blame it on the weather, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky (no wind either).

Lunch was a delicious pork loin (I'm told), salad and chocolate cake (I'm told). (No pork because I'm a Jew, no chocolate cake because I'm a fat Jew.)

I'd like to thank John Thompson for letting me try his 12-20 Chambermates. They work great. I'm going to buy a set and sell my Browning 425 20ga (if you know anybody).

Anyhow, a good time was had by all.
  2. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Website Address: http://www.sportingclayusa.com/index.php?action=register;inviter=1

Just wanted to share this new site with the forum.

Looks like it has a lot of great features for the Sporting Clays Community.

Below is the announcement letter. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

We are pleased to introduce a new website for the sporting clay community, Sporting Clay USA. Our goal is two fold: to provide a one-stop website for the sporting clay community and to become an engine to increase the visibility and participation in this great sport.

But we need your help. We need the community to get started so please take the time to register on our sight. We also need your input so please take the time and drop us an e-mail on what you like and dislike about our sight and any future enhancements you would like to see on the sight.

Some of the features we already have to offer are:

Event Calendars – These calendars are for exclusive use by the membership sporting clubs. The calendar can be used in its most basic form, by just posting an events and details. Or can it be used with its more advanced features, such as pre-built forms or accept pre-registration for events and send confirmation letters to pre-registered shooters.

Classified Ads – The classified ads feature is available to all members. Post ads, buy items, post sellers and buyers reviews. For the more advanced members, we have the ability to post auction items. You can set reserve pricing, buy it now and accept payments on line.

Forums – We have created your most basic forums for members to discuss the sports. We are looking for moderators to take up the responsibilities of their own Forums with their own topics. Some of the forums included are.

Events and Results

Winged Shooting

Tips and Techniques

Reloading – Must read first post!

Equipment and Supplies

As you can see we have only started with the most basic of topics but would like to see this list grow with the assistance of dedicated shooters like yourselves.

Misc. Features – We have included some features that we felt were missing in the past:

Buddy List – Always know when your friends are on line.

Messenger – Send private messages.

Collapsible Side Menus – We would love to think that what we have to say in the side panels are so important that you will never collapse them but, You can if you would like to optimize your workspace.

Links Menu - Wouldn't it be nice if all your links for the shooting sport were in one location. Now you can keep them here at Sporting Clay USA.

Regards Web Administrator

Sporting Clay USA
  3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Jan 29, 1998

Wow, where do I start about the Club Championships at Moore N Moore today? The targets lived up to the hype I guess! The NSCA Shooters spoke out and we delivered. The course was tough as promised but never a whine was heard. Thanks so much you guys, I really appreciate the compliments. It really makes it worth the effort to see shooters having a good time and thanking you for a challenging presentation.

First things first. I’d like to thank Pete Ancich, Tom Bandy, Ted Heesen, Dan Plasky, and Chip Evans for coming out to shoot, since I haven’t seen you guys in a very very long time. Good to see you guys.

Second, I’d like to thank Pat for putting on a very tasty lunch

Third, I’d like to thank you guys for not shooting my pumpkins on the stations.

Pre-Registration Drawing Winner: Art Mc Caul. Art won a case of Rio Ammunition just for pre-registering for the event. We’re not sure what next month’s prize will be for signing up until later. Thanks to all who pre-registered. It helped us tremendously and we hope it streamlined the sign-up process for you. By the way, we had 19 pre- registrants. That’s over half of the participants! Pre-register for the Big Bird Blast next month on Sat, Nov 21 by visiting the nsca page of our website.

The Event Results: All I can say is… this isn’t your average set of results, ladies and gentlemen. There was a bit of an upset and you should take a look. Congrats to the HOA winner! (I don’t want to spoil the suspense, click the links). The results for the 100 target sporting event and the 50 target 5-stand event can be found in two places.

1. http://www.moorenmoore.com/events/nscaEvents.php

2. http://www.moorenmoore.com/events/eventResults.php

Photo Gallery: I took some photos today. If you weren’t included in the photos I apologize. Come back next month and I’ll get you in there I promise! You can check out the NSCA photos at http://www.moorenmoore.com/photoGallery/nscaPhotos.php. Just click on the thumbnail and when the enlarge photo pops up, just click on it to cycle through the entire photo series. (Disclaimer: I’m not a photographer and won’t ever claim to be. Enjoy them anyway!)

Station and Overall Score Averages: I’m reluctant to show this for some reason but here goes.
    Station 1: 5.81
    Station 2: 3.27 (LOL)
    Station 3: 5.5
    Station 4: 5.73
    Station 5: 5.5
    Station 6: 6.27
    Station 7: 6.73
    Station 8: 6.27
    Station 9: 7.12
    Station 10: 6.85

OVERAL SCORE: 59.04

So there you have it folks. It was a pleasure to hold the shoot for you guys. Thanks for supporting us and we hope you had fun.

Cory Moore
    818 890 4788
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.