1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Darla, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darla

Darla Member

The results are up at the link above, not quite polished yet, but will be today or tomorrow. Working on pics right now, and I want to take this opportunity to thank Gail Johnson on a job very well done. Great pics, with all names, trophies etc. Makes a hard "after shoot" job a breeze.

It was really hot in San Antonio, both the weather AND the shooters. First shoot I've ever worked with not one complaint about the targets. Thanks go to Ron Cunning. Quit your day job and start setting targets for a living. Doesn't pay much, but the warm appreciation of trapshooters everywhere will make you glow.

I can't list all the people responsible (I could, but it would take too long), but a bunch of good folks worked long and hard to make this one of the (IMHO)best Texas State Shoots ever.

We punched record number of shooters. 57 on Friday's Caps and 72 on Sunday. Almost a third of the shooters in the Texas State Hcp. Here's a warning to all you hard core Cap shooters. Watch out for Micray Ratcliffe, Sub Jr out of Oklahoma. Two 100 straights last week, one in the Handicap Championship.

Thanks to all who shot with us and their families. We had a great time and hope you did, too.

Darla

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Darla, as usual; thanks to you and Helen for all that y'all do to help us Texas shooters always have the best time. And to Gail, Tommy, Bob, Jimmy and all the others behind the desk who do so much to make this a great shoot; Thanks also !!!

I am working on a Facebook album of photos I took while there, over the last 4 days of the shoot, and hopefully will post them on my Facebook page by the end of the week. For those who might not know me, I will sign my name at the end of this message and that is how I am found on Facebook. Met lots of new folks this past week, and like to now consider them "new" friends, and that's what this sport is all about; getting together with friends and having a fun time shooting.

And like you said, you definitely had to have your "A"-game at this shoot. I don't ever remember having scores so high that some 98's weren't even shooting off. I had a 96 on Thursday and was happy with that, till I found out almost 25% of the field had that score (or higher !). Heck, I wasn't terribly upset about my 93 on Sunday's final Handicap event, until I found out that that score wasn't even in the top 30% of the field. Congrats to all of those shooters that shot their personnel best during the tournament; heck, I even "lucked" into having my highest doubles score during the State Doubles Championship !!!

Hope y'all enjoy seeing some of the pictures I will eventually post on my Facebook page.

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Victoria, Texas

3. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Darla, I want to thank you and Helen for putting up with us under during that heat wave. All of you behind the desk did a wonderful job!

Charlie

4. Wild Blue

Wild Blue TS Member

Darla, thanks for the kind words. I want to thank you and Helen for your hard work. I also want to thank Jimmy, Jerry, Tommy, Gail and Meri Beth for the work they did. The staff from the NSC runs a first class operation.
    A special thanks goes to Barney Brown for the work he does to maintain the trap machines. We did not have one machine breakdown. He was outstanding to work with.
    My friend Ben Dobson was responsible for me getting to set the targets. I was honored to do it. I also have to thank James Jennings for his help setting targets.
    The scores were excellent, the weather was good, got to see old friends, meet new friends and I got to shoot. It doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks to all.
    Ron Cunning

5. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Darla. A very good shoot and well run. Thanks to everyone
    involved.

Doyal

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

One of Lonesome Charlie's large bags will be up for auction on the above website in the next few days. Donated by Charlie and the proceeds will go to the Texas Youth Scholarship fund. We have several good kids under scholarship now and there is never enough money. Thanks to all who attended last week in San Antonio and congratulations to all who won. Special thanks to the target setting bunch and the crew from the NSC. If you weren't there, you missed a good one. Jimmy Borum

7. Darla

Darla Member

I put up a link to Gail's pics and Mike Hessong's pics on the website. Check them out. Big THANKS to both. Darla

8. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Ouch! Excellent pictures! Oh, well.....

Charlie

9. Darla

Darla Member

Be nice. I could have used the OTHER picture. Seriously, I thought that was a really good pic of you.

Darla

10. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Maybe I don't want to see the other picture.

Seriously, most people are not "happy" with their photographs.

(I thought I was being nice.....)

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

texas state shoot