1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas State Shoot Results?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Agman, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe later.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

How bout the shootoff for the mystery bag?

3. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Just got back to work after shooting the final 4 days of the Texas State trapshoot. Really a good time. Always seems to run great, especially with all of the behind the scenes help from Darla and Helen and the rest of the state shoot crew. Results are up on the Texas Trapshooters Association website: http://www.texastrap.com

Danny Webb won the "mystery" bag of money. The 3 final yardage winners (who each won $200 for their individual yardages) went into a final "miss and out" for the "mystery" bag of money (which happened to have $600 in it). Danny ended up winning a total of $800 for a few shots in the "miss and out". Good scores all week long. Gary Sherrod had a 100 straight in one of the preliminary handicaps. I'm sure he would have rather of had in Sunday's final handicap (it would have been worth an extra $10,000) No one won that. Jennifer Wilburn won the state handicap championship with a 99 and there was alos another 99 from a gentleman from Oklahoma who won the Non-Resident Open title. Chad Cooley had a good week, winning HOA and HAA and Monte Estes was the lone state shooter shooting 200 straight in the singles. One other 200 straight by another Oklahoman for Non-Resident title.

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Victoria, Texas

4. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Also, I wanted to congratulate Cassy Steele (a new lady shooter of only a little over 4 months) on winning state RU in the Texas State singles championship with a personal best of 196 (99/97). She held it together for her 2nd 100 after setting her personal best in the 1st 100. I guess pressure doesn't bother her. And then on Sundays State Handicap championship, she had a 96 to win Open Lady category.

It was a really fun shoot, maybe a little too hot, but heck; what do you expect the temperatures and weather to be like in San Antonio in July.

Saw lots of old friends and made some more new ones, so overall, I had a real good time. I got to shoot with a lot of new people and even put some faces with names I have only seen on TrapShooters.com

Mike* (MH*)

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Mike, It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you this past weekend. My wife and I had a blast at the shoot, as always, and met several new folks. if you ever get up around Dallas give me a shout and we will go shoot a few rounds and drink a cold one or two. See Ya at "The Grand"

Jimmy and Audrey Phillips

PS Great shootin Jennifer, but then again, you always kick my hiney. LOL

6. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

The "other 200" was done by a first year shooter, junior, lady named Janessa Beaman from Colorado. We were told this is the first time any Lady has run 200 straight during the Texas State shoot, and is the first Lady to ever run 200 at the National Shooting Complex. Not much fan fare has been made of this accomplishment, but we are extremely proud of her and this achievement. This being her first year, this was obviously her first 200 straight, and came at a great time. The folks from Texas and Oklahoma were great, and even if she didn't have the 200, the trip (and adventures) were well worth it.

7. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Janessa Beaman was the talk of the office, since she was the 1st Lady to every shoot a 200 at a trap shoot at NSC and to top that it was the Texas State Shoot. We were all very proud of her and the SCORE
    Bob (chief score sheet folder)

8. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

My apologies to Janessa on her home state. I made an assumption, and you know what they say about someone who "assumes" something. I just figured that she was probably from Oklahoma being that she was shooting with that tough-shooting Ethan McCauley and some other Oklahoma sure-shots. I didn't formally introduce myself to Janessa, but did congratulate her during the party Saturday evening on her great accomplishment.

Jimmy, thanks for the kind words. I also enjoy finally putting a face to the name that I have read through your threads, as well as seen you and Audreys scores at various events. Just glad I didn't affect your shooting too much. Again, good shooting to Audrey on Sundays handicap. I hope to make it up to shoot sometime in the near future at the Fort Worth club. Being that my sister recently got married and now lives around BenBrook (sp?), I might as well take up their offer to come and stay and try out the club which is supposedly near their home.

Mike* (MH*)

9. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Mike,

No big deal on the home state. Most of the time we hear she is that little girl from Kansas. She has shot in Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Arizona, and Texas (twice), and along the way has been lucky enough to meet some great people and honored to shoot with some very high quality shooters. Texas' hospitality was unbelievable, and we enjoyed the time down there immensely. The shoot was ran professionally, and the results were posted in an incredible fast time. We look forward to making this journey every year. This has been one of the best shoots we have attended, and the memories will last both of us the rest of our lives.

10. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Mike, If they live in Benbrook, they are less than 15 minutes from Ft. Worth. It is 50 miles for me but I will make the trip to shoot a little. LOL You didn't affect my shooting at all. I really don't know who was shooting for me. I know it wasn't me because the score was too good. LOL Give me a shout when you come up and we'll get together.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.