1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TEXAS State Shoot - Amarillo hotels

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Amarillo GC, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Suggested Amarillo hotels for the Texas State Shoot and the Firecracker the weekend before:

Baymont Inn & Suites - Official hotel of the Amarillo GC 806-372-1425; formerly the Hampton Inn east. www.baymontinns.com Ask for Amarillo Gun Club rate. Very convenient to Ama GC.

Great downtown hotel: Courtyard by Marriott Downtown.
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/amadt-courtyard-amarillo-downtown/
    806-553-4500
    Multi million dollar remodel of the historic Fisk Building; located on Polk St - restaurants and downtown night life on Polk St.

Shopping cluster: out west [near I-40 and Soncy Rd] are a brand new Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and also near-new Comfort Inn; Hilton Garden Inn; Homewood Suites; Drury Inn. Near restaurant cluster on I-40; Westgate Mall less than a mile away; Soncy shopping area to the south.

Near Wolflin Village / Wolflin Square shopping areas: Holiday Inn Express, Wolflin Drive, just off Georgia & I-40.

2. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Is that biker bar, just down the road from the club, that serves the largest steaks in Texas still doing that.

If memory serves me correctly your choice was small medium or large. I saw a huge one being served and I said I think the large is too big and the waitress informed me--"that is the small one"

The steaks were actually good

3. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

The Lone Star Bar & Grill. Great steaks. No dress-up allowed. Don't miss Coyote Bluff while in Amarillo. Always a waiting line on the rickety front porch. Best hamburgers ever. Hope your feeling better Phil. Jimmy Borum

4. stockguy

stockguy Member

Phil,

That "biker bar" was quite something back in the 80's. If you didn't come thru the front door with a .357 on your belt you were issued one (only kidding).

It's cleaned up a lot since then. Their special main meal is only served (I believe) on Saturday night and the menu isn't very wide in scope - a Rib Eye (2 sizes) or a hamburger. I think the owner cuts them himself and you can see him cooking them out back on a big charcoal grill. Best in town.

Forget the flashy places on I-40 - if you want a great Rib Eye the Lone Star Bar & Grill is the place to go. They have always supported shooters and the gun club in the past.

Greg

5. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

6. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Host hotel and program info on above link.

Don't forget the Firecracker Championship the weekend before the state shoot.

7. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

8. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

See separate update - our host hotel has flaked out, but there are lots of other options.

Hampton Inn 6901 I-40 West has rooms blocked at $109.00; other options are listed above, including the Courtyard by Marriott downtown [very highly recommended], the new Holiday Inn West or one of the Holiday Inn express properties, including the new west location out by restaurant row between Coulter and Soncy, Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn, also way west, but nice properties near lots of eating and shopping.

The AGC website is being updated to take down the Baymont info.

If you already have a reservation at the Baymont, we know of no reason why that would not still be good, but you might want to call the property direct just to make sure.

Search tags for this page

motels near amarillo tx gun club