1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Showdown

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

You West Texas folks better be ready for the showdown. The time is here. Friday at high noon on the trap field. May the best side win. (Which, by the way, is on the east side). Never fear, the "Gorgeous George" Hanna will be shooting on our side. If that's not enough to scare ya, just come on over and see what else is in store. Heard there might be some other Big Dogs jumping outta the pen and shooting here also. Don't be scared, load em up, move 'em out, and shoot 'em up. May the best win. Course, everyone knows where that'll be.

Gne J

2. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Gene, we'll just have to see what happens. I just spent a couple hours with Britt, and my doubles are looking pretty fine! I think you east guys might just be getting that cart before the horse. I hope you have more to bring to the line than gorgeous George...

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Well, the West has started strong in the 150 pr doubles event today. We took the buckles for all classes and categories except two. I know one was Lady. My score took the club prize, but Joneel blew my doors off with her score over on the east side. The other might be D class. I can't remember, and if I move, my AT&T GSM wireless connection might go away. Coverage here in the throbbing metropolis of Post is a bit sketchy.

On tomorrow to our 200 singles event. May the better side prevail. I'll get the full list of winners tomorrow from Natalie for both east and west and post tomorrow... AT&T willing. Until then, adios! --BrowningGal

4. stephanie

stephanie TS Member

Well today was the beginning of the BIG TEXAS SHOWDOWN!
    Both sides did really well. Had a great turnout! Combined we had shooters from Texas, of course, but our friends from Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, New Hampshire, and California packed in to help the cause for both sides!
    It was an exciting day as promised! Little windy in the west I heard! But absolutely beautiful in the east!!!
    Buffalo Creek winners are as follows: Champion- Mitch Killingsworth, AA- Charlie Long won the tie with Jeff Webb, A- Al Arnold won the tie with Ben Dobson, B- David Blakemore, C- Gary Anderson, D- Neil Walker, Lady's- Joneel Harris, Vet- Don Huffaker, SV- Tommy Hunter.
    Palmer's Gun Club winners are as follows: Champion- Darin Clawson, AA- Ray McNeice, A- Coy Baily won the tie with Charles Crow, B- Tom Nations, C- Evan Maxwell, D- Don Dunn, Lady's- Jeri Brock, Vet- Virgil Rickle, SV- Terry Brogdan, Junior- Raylee Underwood.

The Champions for the East Vs West are as follows: DARIN CLAWSON, CHAMPION. AA- RAY MCNEICE, A- CHARLES CROW, B- TOM NATIONS, C- EVAN MAXWELL, D- DON DUNN, LADY'S- JONEEL HARRIS, VET- DON HUFFAKER, SV- TERRY BROGDAN, JR- RAYLEE UNDERWOOD.

The west is ahead by a few points (24), but the east is roaring for tomorrow to change that position! I've been told by reliable sources that we've got plenty of food for the bigger dogs coming tomorrow to shoot in the east:):):):)!!!!! It's getting fun!!! I may need my waders for this!

Good Shooting Everyone!!! and Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!

Stephanie

5. Panzon

Panzon TS Member

A question from those of us who live in South Central Texas. For whom should we root? Are we left out because we don't live East or West? I see Jeri defected to the West!

6. trapshootin hippie

llano bill, I have been quiet, cause I was away from the 'puter. Been shootin. THE EAST WON!!!!!!!!!!!! Course that was to be expected, LOL.

7. stephanie

stephanie TS Member

Well The final scores have come in and the dust has settled! Well, maybe not in Post!!
    Before I get to the winners of the shoot, I would like to thank everyone who came and shot this weekend in Post and in Ben Wheeler. Like I said earlier, we had shooters from California, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Some of our Texas shooters drove from way down south Texas (from somewhere in the valley)to shoot. We had a real good time at both places! Both sides had really good shooters. So at times, we were holding our breath til the other side called in (Atleast I was!)because the competition was on! The weather was a bit rough today. When Palmer's Club called in this morning, they had a strong wind from the north, then later the dust blowed a bit. The northern didn't hit the east until later today, but we had a tough wind from the south.
    We had a couple of shooters occomplish some trapshooters' milestones. Marvin Stilwell of Andrews, Texas shot his First ever 25 straight (West)and got his cap shot up!!!! Warren Roberts of Bochita, Oklahoma, shot his first 100 straight(East)!!!and got a Buffalo Nickle 100 straight pin!
    Congratulations guys!!!

Now for the winners:
    BUFFALO CREEK
    DOUBLES: CHAMPION, MITCH KILLINGSWORTH; AA, CHARLIE LONG; A, AL ARNOLD; B, DAVID BLAKEMORE; C, GARY ANDERSON; D, NEIL WALKER; LADY'S, JONEEL HARRIS; VET, DON HUFFAKER; SRVET, THOMAS HUNTER.
    SINGLES: CHAMPION, DAVID BLAKEMORE; AA, CHARLIE LONG; A, BEN DOBSON; B, ROBERT WARREN; C, JACK BROWN; D, JAMES ALLEN; LADY'S, CATHY HEIMAN; VET, DON HUFFAKER; SRVET, DOYLE DUNCAN.
    HANDICAP: CHAMPION: BEN DOBSON; RUNNER-UP, JEFF WEBB; LONG, PETE PETERS; MID, ROBERT ECKEBERGER; SHORT, WARREN ROBERTS; LADY'S, JERRI WEBB; VET,GEORGE HANNA; SRVET, STEVE THOMPSON; JUNIOR, TORI WEBB. HOA- DON HUFFAKER

PALMER'S
    DOUBLES: CHAMPION - DARIN CLAWSON, AA - RAY MCNEICE, A - CHARLIE CROW, B - TOM NATIONS, C- EVAN MAXWELL, D- DON DUNN, LADY'S- JERI BROCK, VET- VIRGIL RICKLE, SRVET- TERRY BROGDAN, JUNIOR- RAYLEE UNDERWOOD.
    SINGLES: CHAMPION- CHARLIE CROW, AA- DARIN CLAWSON, A- TOM CUNNINGHAM, B- LONNIE BLACKARD, C- MARK COOPER, D- CLAUDIA COOK, LADY'S- RAYLEE UNDERWOOD, VET- VIRGIL RICKLE, SRVET- JOE MAX WALKER, JR- CRAY MERRITT.
    HANDICAP: CHAMPION- RAYLEE UNDERWOOD (U GO GIRL AND A JR TOO!!!) RUNNER UP- DARIN CLAWSON, LONG- CURTIS MEYERS, MID- JIMMY CLEVELAND, SHORT,- HARMON McCURDY, LADY'S- JERI BROCK, VET- NEIL CRAUSBY, SRVET- ARNOLD NIX, JUNIOR- CHAS MERRITT. HOA- DARIN CLAWSON

EAST VS WEST
    DOUBLES: CHAMPION- DARIN CLAWSON, AA- RAY MCNEICE, A- CHARLIE CROW, B- TOM NATIONS, C- EVAN MAXWELL, D- DON DUNN, LADY'S- JONEEL HARRIS, VET- DON HUFFAKER, SRVET- TERRY BROGDAN, JR- RAYLEE UNDERWOOD.
    SINGLES: CHAMPION- DAVID BLAKEMORE, AA- CHARLIE LONG, A- TOM CUNNINGHAM, B- ROBERT WARREN, C- JACK BROWN, D- JAMES ALLEN, LADY'S CATHY HEIMAN, VET- VIRGIL RICKLE, SRVET- JOE MAX WALKER, JR- CRAY MERRITT.
    HANDICAP: CHAMPION-BEN DOBSON, RUNNERUP- JEFF WEBB, LONG- PETE PETERS, MID- ROBERT ECKEBERGER, SHORT- WARREN ROBERTS, LADY'S- JERI BROCK, VET- GEORGE HANNA, SRVET- ARNOLD NIX, JUNIOR- TORI WEBB, HOA- DARIN CLAWSON.

Congratulations to all of yall! Yall did an awesome job!

Well there you are. Now the winner of the East vs West.... BUFFALO CREEK!!!!
    Our Team at Buffalo Creek outshot Monk's Team by 5 birds!! It was a close race but in the end, the east did prevail! They may have had a tad stronger wind than the east did today;)

Thank you guys again! Trapshooters are a great family and make one heck of an awesome team! See yall next year for a rematch!

Stephanie

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

That's cause you have a better cook. :D Hope this becomes an annual event that I can get to.

9. stephanie

stephanie TS Member

bigdogtx,
    we hope so too. curiously, which side will you shoot at?

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

been in bed this weekend from the flu. :(

11. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Blowing dirt, and blowing tumbleweeds, too! I was waiting to shoot my second field of the second 100 yesterday, and a tumbleweed comes in from the right and gets wrapped up in the post 5 guy's legs. He side steps it, and it goes to Darin Clawson on post 4 and gets caught in his legs. Darin shakes it loose as well and goes on to shoot the best handicap score in the west - 183. He and junior Raylea Underwood were still shooting off when I left, so I don't know who finally won champion, but it was a great weekend all around.

Thanks to Monk and George for hosting this fine shoot. Can't wait for next year!

12. trapshootin hippie

Blowing dirt and tumbleweeds???? Hell, that ain't nothin compared what we had on the East Side. Had a flock of geese land on George's pond across the pasture in front of the trap houses. After a while they took off, the wind was blowing so hard, they couldn't get airborne, came crashing down on the trap field, running around with all their feathers blowed off lookin kinda crazy. I was scoring at the time and all the squad, being the dedicated shooters they are, just kept on blazing away, never missed a target. With all the goose feathers blowing thru the air, it looked like someone lost a feather mattress outta their pickup going down the road bout 80 miles an hour.

Ya'll got any more excuses for not winning? LOL ...

Gne J

13. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I don't remember a pond over at George's place. Are you sure you weren't daydreaming? :)

Excuses? I never make excuses. All I did was share a funny story with my trapshooting friends... and believe me, it was funny. Those of us waiting to shoot were laughing and then had to stifle it so we didn't distract the shooters (it was a back-fence squad).

Me? I brought home two knives and a buckle. Though the East may have won by a few targets, I, myself, feel like a winner! Especially when I ended my day of doubles with a 48. Thanks, Britt!!

14. Darin Clawson

Darin Clawson TS Member

Unfortunately for me, I went up against a very formidable opponent in the the shoot off at Post. Miss Raylea Underwood got the best of me in the shoot off. 25 - 35 mile per winds couldn't keep her from the championship. Borden county has alot to be proud of in this up and coming Jr. trapshooter. She made a whole bunch of people, including myself very proud to be a part of this great sport. Congatulations to all the winners, at both clubs! I can't wait to do this again next year. Thanks to Monk Palmer and George Hanna for coming up with such a fun shoot!

Darin Clawson

By the way, don't forget to congratulate Jon Hataway on his HOA championship performance at Palmer gun club. Great shooting Jon!!!

15. stephanie

stephanie TS Member

OMG! Talk about those tumbleweeds in Post! I caught sight of my first one to ever see last week on my way from Post to Lubbock. It came rolling across the ditch on to the road. I had to slow down so I didn't hit it. But I came close enough to see it clearly over the hood of my truck. It was a fierce looking thing! and taller than my truck hood!!! Hope that wasn't the same tumbleweed at Monk's! It could've taken several men rolling with it!

Jeri, You will have to come back to Buffalo Creek in April. We have several stock tanks on the place north of the trap fields. Can't say I remember if you can see them or not. All I ever look for are the horses and buffalos.

Dad and I are so glad everyone had a good time! and we can't wait for the rematch next year!

take care til then!
    Stephanie

16. 525 KID

525 KID TS Member

Good shootin in the doubles Darrin and handicap as well,enjoyed shootin with ya friday in the doubles and alwaz learn i something from it!! Same goes for everyone else,thanks Monk and George and everyone else involved for putting on a good competitive and fun shoot!!!! P.S. DARRIN IF YOU WOULD HAVE HIT AT LEAST 6 MORE TARGETS IN THOSE 3 DAYS OF SHOOTING WE COULD HAVE WON!!!!!
    B.B.

17. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I really appreciate all of the hard work that went in putting the shoot on.

I had a good time even though I didn't shoot worth a darn.

I am looking forward to next years shoot when the West will get their just revenge.LOL

Thanks again for all of the hard work.

Jerry Walker

18. old tex

old tex TS Member

Kenny and I "participated"!

I figure the reason the East won was Stephanie - she is very religious and I expect she held the wind back till the handicap was over at George's!!!!!

Monk will have to find his own "Saint" I doubt John H. has absorbed enough of his new bride's "saintliness" yet to be effective controlling weather!(but she sure makes him smile a lot)!

unc

19. trapshootin hippie

old tex, there was plenty of wind blowing on the east side, mostly hot air though.

20. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Congratulations to Raylea! Awesome shooting. Wish I could have stayed to watch the entire shoot-off.

Darin, thanks to you and Natalie for keeping things running smoothly for Monk. It was a great shoot, and a great time was had by all.

...Until next year!!

--BrowningGal (Jeri Brock)

PS: Stephanie, may have to use George's April shoot as a warm-up for our back-to-back zone schedule in May. It doesn't conflict with SW Grand, does it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.