1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Rig Decoy Weights for Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jim Porter, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I make and sell Texas Rig Decoy Weights. The standard is 3ft Tangle Free line. Non floating and UV resistant; 4oz sliding weight, barrel swivel, and 300# carabiner. Mechanically affixed crimps.

Price is $30 for one dozen. Two or more dozen $25 each. Delivered by US Mail
    NO TAX NO SHIPPING FEES!!!

I will add pictures if I ever figure out how. These are as good as you can get, and $5.00 to $7.00 less than the chain stores and quality guaranteed. They are American made by an American TRAP SHOOTER! Check the packaging and you will find that the chains weights come from China. If you know what a Texas Rig Decoy Weight is, you know what they look like.

Call Jim Porter 662-694-1415 or e-mail at jporter4570@gmail.com for details

jimporter_2008_0303.jpg

2. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I have purchased some from Jim.These are made better than the ones I had last year from brand x that are made cheaply.
    Monty

3. Jim Porter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

4. carv

carv Member

0   0   0

Do they work in swift water? Where I hunt there is a 6 to 7 foot tide change so the current it strong also its about 20 feet deep. We use a one pound weight for each decoy and they still travel at times. Wondering if this would work under the conditions we hunt in.

Thanks!

5. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I can't answer for 20 feet deep.The advantage we have in shallow water 5 6 feet is you don't have to get your hands wet and also you don't have a big tangle of line.I'm not sure how you could use a Texas rig. How are you wrapping your cord up now.?
    Monty

6. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

What is the cost for longer lines?

5-6 foot.

7. Jim Porter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Additional line is $.04 per foot. That is my COST and that is all I send along. My profit is figured in the base price. I see no need to screw my hunting buddies just because they need something a little different.

For a 6ft set, add $1.44 to the base price of $30 for one dozen ($31.44) or add $2.88 for two dozen or more at a base price of $25.00 for a two dozen price of $52.88. I still cover shipping and handling.

Let me know and give me a day or two for a special order.

Thank you for your interest Jim

8. Jim Porter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Swift water--Thanks for your interest! I am afraid that I cannot be all things for all people. I am positive that a 4oz weight or a bunch of weights stacked on the line would not help you if a pound will not hold. The line would be ok as it is 350# test but I don't have weights that would help you.

I sure would like to come hunt with you though. It sure sounds like a ton of fun!!

Again; Many Thanks for your note. Jim

9. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Great price. Best rigs for quick deploy/retrieval. Let me ask, have you ever considered a fixed sinker and sliding line through decoy with a loop on one end? Instead of picking up the decoy that is fixed to the line and following line down to the sinker to retrieve, you would pick up with decoy with the loop already near the decoy. Clip on the carabiner and your done.

Saves the swivel cost as well.. Hands down best rigging method as long as you aren't switching out decoys.

CarolinaRig_zps0f94d5ad.jpg

10. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

On a second look, that's exactly what you have done, just nicer with swivels! Great work. If I didn't have more than I could count, I would be purchasing yours!

11. Jim Porter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You are right. I do as you say, I just spent a little more money to make them "less" likely to tangle and weights slide more easily.

If you have some---fine! Please tell a friend. This is how I intend to finance my shooting next year. Thanks Jim

12. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Jim
    I'm thinking the coot shooter could put a crappie Yo Yo like we tie to trees in the spring that we tie to tree limbs on the decoys. I'm not sure you hill billy's know what one is but it works on crappie I'm just not sure of the length.
    Monty

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Good rig Jim, couldn't pass it up:)

14. Jim Porter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks BOB Tell everybody when you get them. Jim

15. tandrew40