1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Reloaders Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puddin, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puddin

puddin TS Member

I came acrossed a Texas model D reloader with all the parts (I think). I was wondering if there was anything special about these and if they are worth anything? If anyone had any info I would be gratful. Thanks Chris.

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I think you can use Mec powder/shot bushings on the Texan.

Cheers,

George

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Isn't it the same or very similar as the early model P/W's ??

4. puddin

puddin TS Member

Well all the parts are with it along with the manual and warrenty card! I gave it a dry run works good. Did find out its tough to get a empty hull out of the sizer lol.Does anyone know if texas made different models? Thanks Again Chris

5. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

They were made by Sovereign Instruments in Dallas, I think. There was a progressive and maybe one or two single stage machines. They also made some metallic loaders.

6. puddin

puddin TS Member

Mono3811 Thanks I really like this older stuff I will have to keep my eyes open for others. Chris

7. grntitan

Look like this?
    [​IMG]

8. Pribbs

Pribbs TS Member

They also made a MIIA that was a progressive with a auto primer feed. The modle your showing is like the early mec 600JR and I think mec sued them over the design. The bar in yours is about the same as a mec but the mec bushings won't work in it. The texan used replacable powder and shot bushings. I started loading in 1965 and the trick then was to machine a mec bar to take texan shot and powder bushings so you didn't have to buy or file on a different mec bar for every different load you used. I still do that with a mec bar but use Pacific or HR powder and machine those for different weight shot charges. Pribbs

9. puddin

puddin TS Member

Mine looks just like it grntitan. From what I'm reading 10.00 for it and two lee reloaders, 10# 0f #8 shot and 250 209 primers wasn't a bad deal. It is nice to be on the good once. Thanks for all the replyed. Chris

10. grntitan

Just so there is no issues, the loader i posted is not mine. I just wanted to see what a Texan Model D Reloader looked like and found that one for sale. I just borrowed their pic. I could see why MEC had their panties in a bunch back then over Texan's loader. I was think'n of another loader i guess when i compared it to the early P/W's.---Matt

11. claybuster60

claybuster60 TS Member

Hello puddin: I have exactly the same model of the Texan loader that grntitan has illustrated in the picture. I use mine for experimental loads I want to try. I fitted my loader with an adjustable shot/powder bar so I can make the loads I want. One important thing, though, you need a scale to be able to get the powder and shot just right. The calibrated knobs are OK but you really need a scale to put the proof in the "puddin". This set up works great for me. Consider this set up instead of having to either replace bushings or bars.

Billy P

12. certifiable

certifiable TS Member

This may of some use to those looking for Texan bushing info.
    Go to http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/texan_m_iv.pdf
    You can download a complete Texan instruction manual for a model M IV which has complete shot and powder bushing charts therein that are also good for models M and M-II-A. Not all powders listed are currently available but most are. Sorry don't know how to make the website address a direct click link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.