1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas lost a great Past Secretary/Treasurer of TTA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Helen, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen

Helen TS Member

I have just been notified by Kenneth Wright that his wife of 44 years Beaver passed this morning at 5:44 a.m. in the hospital. Beaver had been quite ill for several weeks, and yesterday was taken off life support.
    Beaver served the Texas Trapshooters Association as Secretary/Treasurer for many years. If a club had any question about a bylaw or how to run a shoot all they had to do was call Beaver and she had the answer instantly for you. She was one remarkable woman. She also shot registered targets, and was a life member of the ATA, TTA, and a member of the NRA. She was not one to show how excited she was when she won a trophy for her shooting ability. Beaver was inducted into the TTA Hall of Fame in 1993 at the Texas State Shoot in Midland, Texas. When she retired as Secretary/Treasurer of the TTA the membership presented her with a target necklace, with diamonds i the center of the target. This necklace was very special to Beaver.

As I find out the funeral arrangements I will post them here. I want to ask each and everyone of you that knew Beaver and Kenneth to keep Kenneth and his family, and Beaver's Dad in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days.
    I will post more later.

Kenneth, you and your family, and Beaver's Dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You all,
    Helen Robinson

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've known Kenneth and Beaver for quite some time. I know this will be a terrible blow to him and my praters go out to Kenneth and the entire family at their time of loss.

Ken Rucker

3. tomward

tomward TS Member

All of us, but especially those of us in Fort Worth that got to visit with Beaver on a weekly basis, lost a good friend today. We will miss her.

4. joconnor

joconnor Member

Our prayers are with Kenneth and the rest of Beavers family. Trish and Jerry O'Connor

5. Helen

Helen TS Member

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My condolences to the Beaver family. Dave Bishop

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My condolences to Kenneth and the Beaver family. Ray

8. Helen

Helen TS Member

The following are the arrangements for the Funeral Service for Rosemary "Beaver" Wright. Visitation with family will be Wednesday Evening 5-7 pm at Lucas Funeral Home on Sylvania Ave. The Service will be Thursday Afternoon at 2:00 p.m. at Lucas Funeral Home on Sylvania Ave., with burial at Mount Olivet Cemetery, which is about 2 miles North of Lucas Funeral Home on Sylvania.

Please continue to keep Kenneth and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You All,
    Helen

9. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Kenneth and Beaver were among the first trap shooters to befriend me when I joined the Fort Worth Club. I will miss her. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kenneth in this difficult time.

HBT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.