1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Drug Bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hawk46, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Rep Ken Legler has introduced legislation that would deny unemployment benefits to those who fail a drug test.

The bill will face the typical opposition from the libs, ACLU, etc.

Guess who has stepped up to oppose it? The American Federation of Teachers. They claim that teachers should not have to pass a drug test to collect benefits.

Imagine that.

I hope it passes, but I have my doubts. Welfare recipients should be next.

Dave

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

I agree 100%,as a school bus driver we're obligated and sumit to random drug tests all the time.Why not teachers ,unemployment collectors and welfare recipients,,sounds like a solid program to me.

Doug H.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Those on Welfare should have to pass the test before they get their next check ... If they have tattoo's they should be eliminated from the Welfare rolls as well, same thing with them done up finger nails, and Afro rows and pierceings, all that crap costs money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I love Texas, they are brave enough to take a stand and not bow down to the non sense.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Adam Brown (R) is a freshman member of the Illinois General Assembly. Elected last November, Brown represents the 101st District in central Illinois.

One of Rep. Brown's campaign issues was drug tests for public aid recipients. He is a primary co-sponsor of HB0011. Following is a brief summary of the bill:

Synopsis As Introduced:

"Amends the Illinois Public Aid Code. Provides that the Department of Human Services may require substance abuse testing as a condition for assistance under the Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF) program. Provides that the Department shall implement a pilot program of substance abuse testing as a condition for TANF eligibility in at least 3 counties, followed by statewide implementation after certain steps have been completed. Contains provisions concerning test results. Requires an annual report to the General Assembly. Provides that these provisions do not apply to an individual 65 years of age or older or to a resident of a facility licensed under the Nursing Home Care Act or the MR/DD Community Care Act. Effective immediately."

It goes without saying that the bill is opposed by all the usual suspects. Unfortunately, the bill is unlikely to pass without the support of CROOK County democrats. Of course, no such support exists because it would prove problematic for their drug addled slacker constituents.

sissy

6. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

I agree 100% too maybe it could go nation wide,We can only hope!!!!!!

7. capulona

capulona TS Member

I have to take a drug test everytime I get a contract for project work, and more than happy to take the time to do it.

Let me ask you guys, though:
    What kind of drugs? Does it include alcohol, or are we not classifying that as a drug? What if someone likes to smoke pot in the privacy of his/her home, but is an upstanding citizen, and otherwise productive member of society?

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Cap, someone on welfare shouldn't be buying/using either.

Someone on unemployment, I don't think tests for alcohol, but any use of MJ is going to cause them to test positive for PCP which is found in a variety of drugs.

Test positive for PCP, your busted, benefits stop, end of story.

IMO the country needs to find a reasonable way to legalize drugs. Can't stop it. Might as well tax it and use the money to reduce the deficit and prison operating expenses. Right now, we're just pissing away a fortune trying to fight it, exporting billions of our cash to Mexico, and still going backwards. Makes zero sense to me.

Dave

9. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

In screwed up California, you can get welfare for being a drug or alcohol addict. We would have to test them to make sure they were still using...

10. shelly

shelly TS Member

Fortunately for 22, glue sniffing is legal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.