1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas dove hunt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnboy, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy

johnboy Member

Dove hunting in Tennessee for the past couple seasons has been dismal. Thinking about a hunt in Texas. Have looked at several sites on the net which offer hunts but would like to hear from someone who as hunted doves in Texas before we spend a substantial amount of money for plane fare and outfitter cost. The expectations is an opportunity to limit out each day. Thanks

2. linkerman

linkerman Member

Nooner Ranch Hondo, Texas

Fly into San Antonio and about a one hour drive from the airport.

3. Chip Pitcairn

Chip Pitcairn TS Member

There are some good outfitters around Uvalde. Problem is timing. Most Texas dove hunting is pretty hit or miss. A week can be the difference between the hunt of a lifetime and a total bust. Have you thought of saving for Argentina?

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

My dad and I went to Los Chaneras in Cordoba last February and were blown away. Buenos Aires was great. Arg peso has since weakened quite a bit, dollar goes pretty far. That said, there was a "estate invasion" there earlier this year and there are swine flu concerns. They beefed up security. Probably can swing a great deal. We went through Detail Company. The shooting and accomodations were incredible.

5. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Check your PM.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We hunted doves near Katy Texas, but we hunted over watering holes and ran into a very wet period. Pretty slow hunting then.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I am also from Tennessee. I gave up on the in state dove hunting a long time ago. Haven't bought a Tennessee Hunting License in 20+ years. Have hunted several states with a bunch of outfitters putting on the hunts with mixed results over these last 20+ years. I last year spent quite a bit of time on the internet looking at hunting places in Texas. Found what appeared to be good ones but few of them seemed to hunt more than 2-3 days in a row. I was looking for a place to hunt 7-10 days in a row. Finally ended up hunting in Oklahoma with a guy that had a bunch of fields scattered over several counties. Killed 9 limits in 10 days (one day was kind of a screwy day due to several factors). All mourning doves. Going back this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.