1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**TEXAS - AMARILLO HOTEL update**

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Amarillo GC, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Our original host hotel has apparently undergone some sort of mgt change; if you do not yet have a reservation in Amarillo, Hampton Inn has stepped up and offered a $109 rate - 6901 I-40 West.

Some other suggestions:

Great downtown hotel: Courtyard by Marriott Downtown. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/amadt-courtyard-amarillo-downtown/ 806-553-4500 Multi million dollar remodel of the historic Fisk Building; located on Polk St - restaurants and downtown night life on Polk St. This is regarded by most as the best hotel in AMA.

Shopping cluster: out west [near I-40 and Soncy Rd] are a brand new Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and also near-new Comfort Inn; Hilton Garden Inn; Homewood Suites; large Drury Inn. Residence Inn and Courtyard West. All near restaurant cluster on I-40; Westgate Mall less than a mile away; Soncy shopping area to the south.

Two of the Comfort Inn properties out west are locally owned by an on-site owner operator.

Near Wolflin Village / Wolflin Square shopping areas: Holiday Inn Express, Wolflin Drive, just off Georgia & I-40.

Ashmore Inn & Suites is a nice east side property, right behind the Cracker Barrell - a number of shooters stay there and like it. Very convenient to the gun club and locally owned and managed - much better than your average highway property and a few hundred feet off the highway - a bit quieter.

East side and lower priced near gun club includes a La Quinta, Motel 6 an older Holiday Inn, and a new Holiday Inn Express and a Fairfield Inn (farther east) near the AMA airport, with a Buffalo Wild Wings nearby. Sleep Inn, Days Inn, etc. And on Ross, just north of I-40 is a Microtel.

We assume existing reservations at the Baymont Inn are good, but you might want to call and check.

Thanks so much.

Amarillo Gun Club

2. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Shoot stsrts Tuesday! Lots of trophies to give away!

3. johns6

johns6 TS Member

This is not a good example of Hampton Inn. I was in Amarillo last month for a funeral and stayed there. It was another old hotel and was just acquired by Hampton. The only good thing was Outback was next door. Pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere nice.